Common Interface (1 Viewer)

Gilthanas91

Portal Member
February 20, 2013
Rome
Home Country
Italy Italy
problem is: what is the other solution?
i mean, there aren't a lot of Common Interface peripherals, and DD ones looked good and quite affordable, other solutions are... too much for me.

Also, i have only one PCIe slot, since i'm using a mini itx, best option for me was DD solution (one peripheral with pcie and the other one with ribbon cable), i could also consider something like mini pcie tuner and pcie common interface, but IMHO it's something impossible to achieve :cry:

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually, i know for sure that the CAM is the right one since they sell it with the Card.
    Thing is, the cam is supposed to be (not entirely sure of it) Nagravision, and ppl at DigitalDevices mailed me stating that nagravision cams are compatible with they're products. (y)
    Still, can't see the solution of this puzzle, but i do know that i need both the tuner and the common interface, not just one of them... :cry:

Just to rule out possible causes...

Since the TV provider has sold you the CAM, is it a "CI+" CAM? (should be indicated as such), in that case you can only use it with a TV that has a CI+ slot.. You will not find anywhere a CI+ PC Card.. BUT probably the CI+ features are not used at all, and you should be able to descramble the channels using a normal Nagravision capable CAM.

In the Netherlands Ziggo is selling CI+ CAM's, and they threatened two years ago to start using the special scramble features of CI+, but till now the Alphacrypt CAM still works fine and probably will for many years to come.. CI+ did not gain its adoption and popularity as they expected.

https://www.ziggo.nl/#producten/tel...ie-module-ci?gclid=CIqC8P-MibYCFcRV3godaSQAKg

Last edited:

Skollie

Portal Member
    December 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any news kike1?

'Cos I'm having the same problem over here. Replaced my FireDTV FloppyDTV digital tuner by a Octopus TwinCI + 2x DuoFlex DVB-C combo.

All seems to be OK in the DVBCineConfig tool. But I can't see/select/acces the CI menu in the MP TV-server configurator. Upgraded from TV-server version 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 to 1.4.0. but still no go.

If I revers to the FloppyDTV ... no problems, so it has to do with the interfacing of DD Octopus and MediaPortal.

HJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom