Community Design (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So this is list view as it stands right now live in movingpictures, music as you have seen previously is based on the same layout and we will also do the same for videos and tvseries so the flow is consistant.
    I am thinking of doing the home screen based on the same also.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      1.1 MB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      1.1 MB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      1.1 MB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      1.1 MB
    J

joostzilla

Looks great. The only 'problem' i have is the DVD/CD in the screen. For several reasons. First it draws a lot of attention but adds virtually nothing to the user in case of info/user experience. Second imho a disc is synonym to music and not movies or TV shows.
    Is there another way to use that space. Maybe show posters of other movies in the list behind the main poster. ofcourse the other poster are partially visible.
    You know what i mean?

You would still have the consitency you are creating througout the skin.(y)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yep i know what you mean ;) i was mainly using it as a placeholder with dvdart in mind but i like the idea of having another poster behind too i will have a look now (y)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I guess,this is where a community design theme is difficult,you'll never please everyone,I myself like having the DVD covers,especially if MEPO tools is used to pull in the images,would there be a way to have the option to show/hide DVD in this theme?;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Like this, shows dvdart if available but if not it shows other movie coverart :)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      1.2 MB
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      1.2 MB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I guess,this is where a community design theme is difficult,you'll never please everyone,I myself like having the DVD covers,especially if MEPO tools is used to pull in the images,would there be a way to have the option to show/hide DVD in this theme?;)
    And yes you will be able to switch dvdart on/off. What's the difference between mptools and dvdart ? i've never used mptools ?

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    I am not entirely sure the difference between mepotools and dvdart,I know that mepotools creates missing DVD artwork from moving pictures backdrops,it also monitors your movie collection in the background,adding any new artwork that is placed in the moving pictures directory

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Hmm sounds the same as dvdart except i dont think dvdart creates missing art from backdrops automatically you have to do that manually.

J

joostzilla

Like this, shows dvdart if available but if not it shows other movie coverart :)
    looks great. Perhaps you can put in some more posters. Like 3 or 5. Users will see less of them but thats an advantage. So they wont get distracted by the other posters. It just will give the idea of being a collection of posters.

for me personally showing DVD-art is not consistent with the purpose of a mediacenter; having all media on harddrive and not on sepearte discs. (although the DVD could be shown when an auctual DVD is inserted for playing). But again, this is just my opinion and a user setting is perhaps the best. :)

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Really great work,you really have graphics talent(y),how close are you to releasing this beautiful theme?,not that I want to rush you in any way:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom