Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (1 Viewer)

rale_ts

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Serbia Serbia
Black glass is awesome with your mod is much better!!!But I have problem with your mod!When browsing throe menus items:TV,movies,tv shows ...etc, first time is very slow it is slow til I cross all menu items then it works as it should no slow downs.But if enter in menu for example movies and get out of that menu to basic home screen and continue to move throe menu items again is kind slow until I pass all of basic home menus and if I again enter in some menu and get out it happens all the same in circle.
Is very annoying.I really like your basic home mod.
Sorry for bed Eng

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Black glass is awesome with your mod is much better!!!But I have problem with your mod!When browsing throe menus items:TV,movies,tv shows ...etc, first time is very slow it is slow til I cross all menu items then it works as it should no slow downs.But if enter in menu for example movies and get out of that menu to basic home screen and continue to move throe menu items again is kind slow until I pass all of basic home menus and if I again enter in some menu and get out it happens all the same in circle.
    Is very annoying.I really like your basic home mod.
    Sorry for bed Eng

glad you like the mod:)

the reason for this is the multi image tag I have used to disply the backgrounds, so when each menu item is selected the images are loaded and they stay loaded as long as you are on the basic home then as soon as you go to a different screen they are unloaded.

The only fix for this is to use the xfactor fanart handler as this is only in beta i to am waiting for it to be full release before i update this mod.

I was also going to look at making a full fan art mod for the other screen but from reading some other post by txg it seems like he is already heading in that direction

i have done some early testing with the fan art handler and its a much better way of doing it and it resolves the issues you are having, so when this is out of beta I will definetly update this mod to use it :)

cheers

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home

just a quick update for this mod, i am going to look at finishing the next version of this soon :)

at the moment im looking at implementing the xfactor fanart plugin to make the navigation smoother, at the moment the only thing missing from this plugin is the abilty to show weather images, so rather than doing the weather the old way and the rest the new way, ill just wait untill this abilty becomes avaliable :)

thanks will also give the MP team a bit more time to finsih MP 1.1 so people wont have to use an SVN version to run this mod :)

cheers

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

This has now been updated to a new version see the first post for details, but basicly just updated for 1.1 RC1 and also added support for Fanart and Weather on the basic home....

it also now supports any skin file you like not just BlackGlass :)

enjoy

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

This has now been updated to a new version see the first post for details, but basicly just updated for 1.1 RC1 and also added support for Fanart and Weather on the basic home....

it also now supports any skin file you like not just BlackGlass :)

enjoy

hi kyleh0000 !
    Thank you for the update ...:)
    i add more plugin name & id mach more... so maby you can add to the mod for the next update ....:) witch will includ "vertical menu"
    i hope ....:D

:D

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyleh0000 !
    wall i try the mod and it's work great ... thank you ...
    i thunk we need Exit button .... and i thunk we need some overly backgrownd beind the 3 buttons ,gos in some of the backdrops
    you berly can see the name of the butten ....
    or meby as you say also anther option menu .....;)
    but asid of thet all work good ....:)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hi kyleh0000 !
    wall i try the mod and it's work great ... thank you ...
    i thunk we need Exit button .... and i thunk we need some overly backgrownd beind the 3 buttons ,gos in some of the backdrops
    you berly can see the name of the butten ....
    or meby as you say also anther option menu .....;)
    but asid of thet all work good ....:)

the exit button is easy to do, as for the overlay i though i did have it, but maybe not

its just basicly a fading black that comes in from the bottom, either that or it change the menu items to be darker so text is more easily read, these things are realy not very hard to do.

Im also thinking about implementing this into editor so you can change the font size, color ect ect again its not very hard to do just need to find the time.......

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

the exit button is easy to do, as for the overlay i though i did have it, but maybe not

its just basicly a fading black that comes in from the bottom, either that or it change the menu items to be darker so text is more easily read, these things are realy not very hard to do.

Im also thinking about implementing this into editor so you can change the font size, color ect ect again its not very hard to do just need to find the time.......

hi kylen ! good to hear it's not hart to mack ,please find some time ....:)
    thir will be this weekend a new updat for black glass so will be cool to mod it ....

Thanks,

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Community Mod - Basic home

hi,

thank you for this great work. is makes black glass perfekt :)

but i have one problem: i like to add tv in the menu. with the editor it doesn't work. it crashes. then i trie'd to write it in the ini and that works. but without fanart. so i started the editor , choose the fanart in the last coloum. but this doesn't work for the last plugin (tv) in the row. for each other it works :)

please help ;-) i like to add plugins like my trailers, online videos, tv , my emulator.
    so it would be the perfekt skin :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: AW: Community Mod - Basic home

hi,
    thank you for this great work. is makes black glass perfekt :)

but i have one problem: i like to add tv in the menu. with the editor it doesn't work. it crashes. then i trie'd to write it in the ini and that works. but without fanart. so i started the editor , choose the fanart in the last coloum. but this doesn't work for the last plugin (tv) in the row. for each other it works :)

please help ;-) i like to add plugins like my trailers, online videos, tv , my emulator.
    so it would be the perfekt skin :)

hi este22 ! you have to edit the "menuitems" Configruation Settings to look like my screenshot ..
    then you have to go to : Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black Glass\Media\Animations
    in Animations folder you have to mack new folders name them same as the right word ( exsample :ITEM=My Emulators;2497;myemulators so the folder you mack have to be name myemulators and so on ITEM=My TV;34;tv anther folder tv)
    then you have to put in this folder backdrops )

after all this fix dont forget to save and then write in the editor ,then copy all the xml file you need ...

and that's it ...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom