Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Community Mod - Basic home

ok here ya go.... this is a dev version of the next realease its pretty complete the only things that are missing are the doco and one more preset.

this preset will allow you to use the black glass nova basichome with this editor, so basicly you will be able to use the pictures and things in the Nova basic home but they will rotate if you have more than 7 items :D

I have also added the option to make pictures static rather than rotate, so if you make a backdrop called background.png it will load this single file rather than a folder.

I have included 3 presets the original, a flat menu style and also a menu that roates in a circle:)

Once i have finished the next preset and the doco i will move the editor out to the skins forums so it can be used by the other skins as well :)

anyway keep in mind its a preview version so im sure there will be bugs, but ill work on them when I get some time :)

KYLe

ATTACHMENT REMOVED FOR NEW VERSION

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home

hi KYLe !
    excelent work ,,,out of the box the mod work great ...:D

screen 01,02 show how the mod look like ....

sure have some bugs ... see screen ...

screen 03 show some bugs :1 if go up to top bar no backdrops show only black backgrownd .2 if you play song and go back to
    basichome you see 2 minioverly ...
    3 the menu backgrownd to nerrow i thing need to be little wideer for exsample the word plugin the g overlap the butome of the menu
    backgrownd.

the weather on baischome in big tv (42' lcd) not so visble to read.

i even try the multi imge all work great ...

over all great job ...:)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

yeah im more of a coder than a designer:p

however I can easily fix the width of the menu

I have a 46' LCD and the weather seems ok to me, do you mean u would like the black background of the weather darker? or make the text bigger?

as for the overlay I think (dont quote me, as I havent tested it) this could be due to a double overlay option, in the basic home you need to ensure that the allowoverlay tag at the top of the file is set to disabled, this is because a custom overlay is import at the bottom to allow the skinner to move the overlay for the basic home without affecting the overlay for the other screens.

I will test this more and make the corrections when I get home tonite, or if you like have a go at editing the template.xml files which control how the skin looks, if you have done a bit of skin editing before it shouldnt be to hard just dont change the variables as these are what adds in the names of ID's of the plugins :)

cheers

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

yeah im more of a coder than a designer:p

however I can easily fix the width of the menu

I have a 46' LCD and the weather seems ok to me, do you mean u would like the black background of the weather darker? or make the text bigger?

as for the overlay I think (dont quote me, as I havent tested it) this could be due to a double overlay option, in the basic home you need to ensure that the allowoverlay tag at the top of the file is set to disabled, this is because a custom overlay is import at the bottom to allow the skinner to move the overlay for the basic home without affecting the overlay for the other screens.

I will test this more and make the corrections when I get home tonite, or if you like have a go at editing the template.xml files which control how the skin looks, if you have done a bit of skin editing before it shouldnt be to hard just dont change the variables as these are what adds in the names of ID's of the plugins :)

cheers

hi KYLe ! abut the menu good to hear you can easily fix it ,i did it manuly..
    abut the weather the day can see o.k but the temp' and the am pm lines not so e asily to read ..
    abut the overly i remove yours and now its' o.k ,but i more worry for new user ... by the way your mini overly is rally small ,from version
    2.2.0 i belive Tgx use biger one like in my screenshot...

i more thing how it's going with the last preset for BG Nova ...i rally excided abut it ..seans Black Glass Nova is my defult skin ..
    and the 7 butten rally bug me ...

when you have a new version let me know i will continu testing ...:)

Edit : 1 MORE THING ABUT MUSIC FOR SOME RESON AFTER I COPY ALL THE XML FILE ,MY MUSIC SECTION ALL THE TIME I USE
    THE SHEAR VIEW AND AFTER COPY ALL THE FILE THE MUSIC VIEW ALL TIME CHANG TO ARTIST VIEW ,ALL THE TIME EVEN
    I CHANG IT BACK TO SHEAR VIEW THE NEXT TIME I OPEN THE SKIN IS CHANG BACK TO ARTIST VIEW ..CAN YOU CHECK IT ..?
    (is somting with the mod becuos i keep 2 version of BG Nove 1 defult and 1 for the testing the editor ,the defult one never chang,)

Thanks,

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

im not having the issue you described with the share view, and im not aware of any code in my editor that would do this.

as for the nova editor i have run into a few issues, so the going is slow but I still think ill be able to work around them, im having some problems with the images and getting them look right i will need to create 7 images for each menu item so they look correct in each position.

The current black glass nova editor does this so i know it is possible, but rather than me stuff around trying to figure it out I have asked Txg if he would be willing ot provide the source code for me to reference to create the code i need.

after the images are sorted i should be able to get the rest working without to many problems.

ill keep u posted on how it goes

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi KYLE !
    last night i play arownd with the mod ,
    wont to show you what i did ....

i add the top small hidding menu of BG Nova (the exit,home,sutdown..) to your mod and its look creat ...see screen 001
    i add the mp log .
    and my weather mod for today & tommarrow ... look very nice ....:) screen 002.

the logo i put in the templet xml so it show all time when i mack a new mod ..
    the rest i have to add manaly ...

i have a small problem with animation i add the home backdrop of black glass nove ,and i can see it for split second bitwin the
    other backdrops ... i will find the best way to go abut it ...

i hope tgx will give you the code .for the last menu style ....

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

im not having the issue you described with the share view, and im not aware of any code in my editor that would do this.

abut the music share view ,i dont get it ... as i say i have 1 skin as Black Glass Nove defult one,
    and 1 for the mod to test and work with the skin with the mod the share view all time chang to artist view ...:confused:
    and in the defult skin it's not ....

i dont get it too...

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyle !
    any update on the mod ?

and any news on Black glass Nova preset editor basic home ?
    Quote:
    "this preset will allow you to use the black glass nova basichome with this editor, so basicly you will be able to use the pictures and things in the Nova basic home but they will rotate if you have more than 7 items "

thanks for your work .

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

no update yet, I have spoken to txg and he is going to put the source code up on google code, once thats done I will start to work on the editor again, shouldnt be to long once i get the code :)

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

no update yet, I have spoken to txg and he is going to put the source code up on google code, once thats done I will start to work on the editor again, shouldnt be to long once i get the code :)
    Hi!

The basic home source code is up on google code together with the latest skin svn!

Thanks

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom