Compile without Visual Studio (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hey,

I have seen, the Project is developed in Visual Studio .NET.
I dont have Vidual Studio.
Is it possible to compile it with #Develop?

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no idea. Ive absolutely no experience with #Develop
    Better to get yourself a copy of VS.NET 2003 , makes life much easier!
    Frodo

Schrauber

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Germany
    OK, I have compiled all the parts in #develop now. So far, all OK.

But I cant build the main application. In the directory xbmc is a file missing. The FormCapture.cs and .resx
    But these file are not on the cvs tree.

So, whats the problem?

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Schrauber
    can you help me a bit with compiling MP with #Develop? (Don't have the cash for Visual Studio .NET)

I got the project converted and when compiling it says:
    guilib\CachedTexture.cs(4,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'DirectX' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

and

guilib\GUIFont.cs(52,11): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'RenderStates' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I also have the same error (in other files) for namespaces 'CustomVertex' 'StaeBlock' 'TextureState' 'Sampler' and 'Texture'

I suppose that I am missing something, but I don't know what.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    Nope, I don't have those SDK's installed (downloading them now). I looked around to find a list of stuff that I need to build MediaPortal, but I could not find it. So I am mostly by trail and error.

I am using the Fidalgo Beta 1, 5/5/2004 version. Note that I am quite new to C# (although I am an experienced C++, C, Java programmer), so if there is a better version to use just tell me.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    maybe one of you guys can post a "how to build MediaPortal" guide?

Schrauber

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Fidalgo Beta 1 will do. Its the latest. I'm using it too.
    You must install Fidalgo after installing the SDKs. So remove it and install again. So it finds the included help files from the SDKs.

The import the project. There will come an error message. Thats no problem.

There are some dlls in the main directory of mediaportal CVS. These must be copied to the Directory where #Develop creates the project.

After import you have to set some references. Some are not importet correctly. Mostly you must only add a .NET reference to SQliteClient.dll

Do not build the complete project. Build the single parts one by one. There are some dependencies between the parts. So you have to build them in the correct order.

Users who are viewing this thread