Comskip 79_143 good results (1 Viewer)

kroton181

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Paranoid Delusion, you are a Super Mod and I'm just a newcomer, so I appologise if I've missed something, but comskip creates txt files for MP and that works fine for me while watching recorded TV. My understanding is that edl files are for SageTV or Mplayer / Mencoder. Having said that, Comskip can produce any number of filetypes based on the comskip.ini file and getting the program from different different souces will have different files being created, but the edl is not required.

Oh and crazyfool, the xml files are not or should not be commercial files. DVRMSToolbox uses xml from Comskip or Showanalyzer for commercial skipping in Media Center. MediaPortal uses xml files to store MetaData (at least on my system). In Mediaportal comskip is supposed to produce txt files for commercial skipping. There is a long winded thread on Comskip that goes forv about 26 pages (it may be in the newbie section) and I went through most of it last week so I could understand it. I really do hope this helps. I can ramble somewhat.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Pressing F7 just goes to the next channel like usual and doesn't skip anything... what am i doing wrong

I had the same issue. MP default is for F7 and F8 keys to perform both skip chapter and channel up/down commands, so each time I tried to fast forward, it changed channel. My solution was to reassign the channel up/down keys to F10 and F11. From memory I did this in the iMon manager (I'm using a Harmony remote with iMon)...

For no apparent reason, my recodings started automatically skipping commercials (see option in MP config, general tab), so I don't need to worry about this now.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Paranoid Delusion, you are a Super Mod and I'm just a newcomer, so I appologise if I've missed something, but comskip creates txt files for MP and that works fine for me while watching recorded TV. My understanding is that edl files are for SageTV or Mplayer / Mencoder.

Yep i know, but when you see as many txt files as i do, its easier to spot the EDL ones :)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys... Got comskip going for New Zealand.. Just a few wierd things... Seems to work fine but would like to know why comskip seems to hang after a file is done.. Basically I have a whole host of comskip.exe files in my Task Manager, they are all showing 0% activity and apear to definately be done.. Be nice to have a new zealand .ini file if any one has one. Also another thing, I use .ts files, do I need to set the .ts exstention in TV Server. Thanks all.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    As long as your extension for recording is set too ts (recording settings), then that is what comskip reads, and as soon as it has finished processing, should stop itself.

View attachment 30421

Try attachment, you have to rename it.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks... Yeah it doesn't quite seem to close, will try it over night... So do I need the exstention, my recordings are recorded is ts format for the extra information, this is what my comskip line inside TV-server looks like.... --playnice -ts "{0}"

Thanks PD

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I have never touched that, I just leave everything at its default "{0}"

You do not have to add filetype as it recognises mpeg\ts\dvr-ms files anyway.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Can anyone explain something to me? Does comskip just analyse the file and then make a note of where it thinks the ad breaks are? MP then just reads this on playback so knows where to seek to?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Does comskip just analyse the file and then make a note of where it thinks the ad breaks are? MP then just reads this on playback so knows where to seek to

That is correct, it does nothing to the original recorded file, it only produces a txt file for MP to read and skips them if enabled in MP config\general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom