Comskip Markers in Timeline (1 Viewer)

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    In case you did not get a message, just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the zip file and tested it.

Thanks,
    Matt

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Matt,

Error is gone ;) so that's good, but that's about all the progress i made so far :(
    Or i'm not quite understanding how this works (maybe add a little info on the OP on how this works?), or i'm doing something wrong.

I just can't get the markers to show.
    18-24-12.png

Last edited:

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    What it does is when there are chapters for the recording, it shows them on the timeline.

One easy way to see if you have chapters for your recording is to hit F9 and see if there is an option for chapters. If there is, select it and see how many chapters there are.

The feature will display the information from comskip text files (which gets converted to chapter information in MP) on the timeline (when you hit "Y"). If you do not have the comskip plugiun installed with comskip configured, then it will do nothing because there will be no chapter information for it to read from.

Please let me know if you need more clarification. If you do not see the markers on the timeline, then you need to verify that the comskip text file is there and that MP is converting that file into chapter information.

Thanks,
    Matt

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Right, that explains things, no Chapters on any recording :(

Strange, because i have ComSkipLauncher enabled on my TV Server (with ComSkip 80_042) and i'm using UNC. Got 1 recording running now which already had the commercials, but that 1 also doesn't show any chapters.

** EDIT **
    Just tested the recording, and think i know what's wrong:
    This recording uses H.264 video that can not be decoded by this version of ComSkip
    :( So i'm using the wrong version (got it from the link in TV Server config) or isn't H.264 not supported @ all?

The h.264 and WTV version is still in beta test and available for donators

:(

Last edited:

mattjcurry

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2011
    Not sure about that. Comskip definitely has to be working properly for this feature to work.

I am in the USA, but any recordings that I create with my Hauppauge HVR-2250 show up as .ts files. You might need to adjust your codecs to be sure that your recordings are getting created in a format that comskip can read.

Matt

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My recordings are also stored as .ts files, but it seems i need to have the beta-version according to this site.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yep, donations needed for H.264 comskipping for sure. I've been using comskip for H.264 for years but I had to donate to get the proper version.

You should be able to create a comskip file manually to test this feature, though. Something like this for an hour long show:
    Code:
    FILE PROCESSING COMPLETE 107719 FRAMES AT 2997
    -------------------
    1    778
    21800    27747
    47357    53963
    67609    71202
    104012    107720

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So... It's working great here. Has anybody else tried this?
    Would be nice to get some more positive feedback, since i'd love to see this in 1.3Beta :p

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have only tested on recorded files with already comskip txt and it works great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom