Comskip problem in Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

scobo

Portal Member
October 21, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm trying to use comskip launcher to run a batch file after recording.
It works fine in Windows XP but it doesn't do anything on another computer under Windows 7.
Is there something different you need to do with Win 7 ?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

please attach your tv.log file for both PC's (XP where it worked and 7 where it was supposed to work).
    Maybe someone can pick up something comparing the logs.

scobo

Portal Member
    October 21, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply.
    I checked the log file and it seems comskiplauncher wasn't pointing to my .bat file correctly even though it was configured correctly in the plugin's settings.
    I read elsewhere that manually restarting the TV service can fix this so I tried that and it's now working perfectly !! :)

vicom

Portal Member
    December 23, 2010
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I'm using Win7 and my Comskip Launcher settings are fine and it used to work , but it is no longer launching after a recording. I browsed though the log file and i get the following:

Code:
    2011-09-16 20:01:10.553716 [scheduler thread(10)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
    2011-09-16 22:51:12.165215 [scheduler thread(10)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
    2011-09-16 23:16:00.708355 [scheduler thread(10)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
    2011-09-17 01:01:02.910820 [scheduler thread(10)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid

Any ideas how to fix this?

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too get this same error and been searching for a solution? Does anyone have any ideas?
    Seems as tho for a few days it will work fine then all the sudden it stops and will not run again until a reboot of PC if even then it may not run.
    Win7 32bit
    MP 1.3.0
    [scheduler thread(10)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same happened again, Worked fine for a month or so, No changes at all to PC or MediaPortal, No MP updates or Media Portal updates.
    To me is seems to be some type of permissions issues but i am not sure, As how can it work for a month or two without issues then all the sudden stop.
    Rebooted and restarts MP tv service also did not fix.
    Then again today i get
    2013-11-10 17:30:01.889648 [scheduler thread(11)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
    2013-11-10 17:31:02.285156 [scheduler thread(11)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid
    2013-11-10 21:01:00.964843 [scheduler thread(11)]: ComSkipLauncher - LaunchProcess(): The configuration registry key is invalid

SetupTv v1.3.0.0
    Windows 7 ( Service Pack 1 )
    MP 1.3.0.0
    Logs attached:

Users who are viewing this thread