Concept: Switch MP2 to D3D11/D2D rendering (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I see improvement ! about 20 fps at MaxPerf
    2015-01-06 18_27_24-MediaPortal 2.png 2015-01-06 18_27_46-MediaPortal 2.png

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Performance seems much better, but I face a problem now. After start of MP2 there are no buttons, they appear only after moving with the mouse over their position (see screenshot, where I moved my mouse only over the movie button):

Can confirm this.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Performance seems much better, but I face a problem now. After start of MP2 there are no buttons, they appear only after moving with the mouse over their position (see screenshot, where I moved my mouse only over the movie button):
    I'm afraid this is a side effect of caching. I need to implement more logic to invalidate effect "cache" state.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, still no a real solution: if you check screens v2 / v3 you see in v3 the text looks worse (scaling of rendererd image), while v2 looks good (rendering to final bounds). And the text color is wrong, should be white when having focus.

Attachments

• v2.png
      v2.png
      1.4 MB
    • v3.png
      v3.png
      1.4 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm afraid this is a side effect of caching. I need to implement more logic to invalidate effect "cache" state.
    I reverted the changes. Maybe I have new ideas for optimization later.

I also could fix the missing gradients in ApolloOne focus border.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Interesting - pictures taken (still) with v3 on an old mobility intel 4 series express laptop graphics with 128MB (shared) dedicated memory:
    upload_2015-1-7_20-58-48.png upload_2015-1-7_20-59-42.png
    upload_2015-1-7_21-1-25.png upload_2015-1-7_21-2-2.png
    Apollo One seems to render faster than our Default skin - no idea why, I let MP2 run and just changed the skin for the pictures above. MP2 was always the top window on my desktop.
    What really impresses me is that with Apollo One in MaxPerformance mode, while the GPU utilization with about 100% is clearly the limiting factor, the CPU utilization on this old Core2Duo U9400 (1.4 GHz) is only about 60%. That (also) makes the whole system besides MP2 much snappier, when MP2 runs in a window.
    Good progress!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx I compliled your latest branch (8c8d3e6d95) and have a completly black screen after starting MP2.
    The error logs show something about DX11. Since you are just working on it and I'm not sure, if the branch was intended to work, I attach my log files :)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last push was not intended for origin, sorry. This version is in the middle of shader implementing and not usable! Hope to find a fix soon.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A little update about the progress:
    I reworked the internal render methods (ImageContext) in order to switch remaining parts to D2D. Unfortunately I stuck in this part, because there are issues with using the existing shaders (vertex+pixel shaders): the output is not placed at right position. D2D obviously wants the input in another format as D3D before. I tried to find the right way for one week now. It's quite frustrating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom