Connect to TV-Server over Internet? (1 Viewer)

mguebert

Portal Pro
February 9, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I'm just thinking...

I work for a cable tv / internet company, if I setup my TV-Server at my office on a static IP, I should be able to access it by putting the static IP in the client at my house right?

As long as the appropriate ports are forwarded and you have the right ip address it should work.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    i have installed hamachi and i am able to browse network in windows.

what else do i have to do to access My Tv as if i was at home?

i dont want to watch tv, just create schedules.

do i need to forward port in my router also? cause i already see my server in the network or windows.

thanks a lot.

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use Hamachi to RDP into my server, I do the same thing I log into to change and modify my recording schedules. Works great.

itkroplis

Portal Member
    May 21, 2010
    Home Country
    With VPN solutions work well. I looks like the I-net to connect to TV Server can not. And it is mediaportal problem. I setup mediportal server PC all ports to port forwarding. And connect to TV-server can. But watch nothing.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But watch nothing.
    TV from TVServer has a bitrate of several MBit/s, which would need to get uploaded via your private internet connection. You would probably require a standard up speed of 10 MBit/s and more to be able to watch TV. If that's the case, then it might be worthwhile to search for any closed port.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've try today to connect from PC outside the house and I can connect to TVserver but not to MySQL database.

I get logs from MPClient but there's nothing I can give from TVServer (no log is create)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 10.15.25 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 10.15.25 AM.png
      1.9 MB
    • MediaPortal.zip
      20.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @kilik360 ,

Your client will attempt a database connect with the server kilik360-PC, which will work without issues while both client and server are part of the same Windows network. You may want to verify that this server name is correctly resolved on the connecting client to the dynamic public IP address, otherwise it will not work.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You may want to verify that this server name is correctly resolved on the connecting client to the dynamic public IP address, otherwise it will not work.

I'm not quite sure how to verify that. In reality I don't know at all !

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, this probably indicates that it is not resolved because this will not happen automatically.

Just to verify: when connected to your TVServer PC (by the way, how do you do that, with Remote Desktop?) just open a CMD window, then enter

ping kilik360-pc

and let us know if this works or if you are getting an error message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom