CoreAVC 2.0 not using CUDA (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: CoreAVC 2.0 not using CUDA

Yesterday I updated to RC1 hoping CUDA in CoreAVC will work better.
I have choosen CoreAVC codec in the MP settings and tried a AVC movie. CUDA gets not activated.
So I switched the codec to the Microsoft one. Again playing the same AVC Movie. Now somehow CoreAVC codec was still used instead of the microsoft one, but with activated CUDA :mad:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would consider reregistering the codec using the options in program files folder, you may have to deregister and then register, I would do this by right clicking and run as admin.

Again I'm another user of Win7 32 and its working fine for me.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CoreAVC 2.0 not using CUDA

Somehow it is a little bit confusing. While playing a h264 movie for the first time cuda gets not activated. Stopping the movie and starting it again activates cuda :confused:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    dunno if ur still having issues but i came accross this page once might be of some help

Watching h.264 videos using DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA). >> My collection of short anime reviews

its the config for Media player classic..but the other options for setting up the coreavc codec is relevent

one point it makes is that u need to set the vmr9/evr/etc specific to ur OS

But there are limitations with the DXVA method, and they are (amongst others):-

•Only certain renderers can be used depending on operating system (overlay mixer and VMR9 for Windows XP, Enhanced Video Renderer for Windows Vista/7).
    •Cannot decode videos that was encoded with numbers of reference frames that exceed certain levels.
    •Cannot have any intermediate filters (such as ffdshow Video Decoder or DirectVobSub) between the video decoder and the video renderer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom