Corrupted Channel names for DVB-T2 channels (1 Viewer)

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Bouvet Island Bouvet Island
    Hi guys,

Been having a bit of trouble recently with the MediaPortal server we run at home and would appreciate some advice. The problem is corrupted channel names, which even when corrected will re-corrupt themselves again, here is an example image from the server configuration screen :

chn.png

As you can see above, some but not all of the channels have odd-looking names, or you can see a full screenshot with a bit more detail here.

The server has been running MediaPortal 1 for a few years without any major issues, I did briefly upgrade to MP2 and then downgrade again to 1.17 a couple of weeks ago but it exhibited this behaviour for a couple of months before and after the upgrade, otherwise it seems to work fine and the problem doesn't seem to prevent the usual functions i.e. watching recording, streaming etc

Some more details of the server :

Windows 10
    i5-2500 with 8Gb RAM
    TBS6205 quad tuner DVB-T2
    DVB EPG

Server records and streams DVB-T2 TV (only) to a variety of devices, all of which are running Kodi, only 2 plugins are enabled - Comskip and the Kodi plugin.

I notice the channel folders names have also been changed, I am not sure if this is expected behaviour. We have renamed the channels in the Channel section of the TV server configuration on a few occasions but they became re-corrupted. It seems to only effect HD channels, not sure why.

folder.png

I have put some logs in this folder, in case anyone has any time to look at them.

Very much appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Jolltax

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello

In what circumstances?
    TV Server doesn't update channel names once they've been created.

Are you sure you're not using DJBlu's customised version of TV Server?

mm
    Thanks for your reply!

About two weeks ago I did a reinstall using the 1.17 installer from the website, I don't ever remember installing a custom version - if I ever have it was a long time ago.

Not sure when the corruption occurs, typically we will rename the channels and overnight they will get corrupted again. It's strange, i wonder whether its related to the channels we watch (we mostly watch the HD channels)

Today I will rename them again and then see if Windows records the time the folder name changes - this might help me relate it to another interaction

J

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure when the corruption occurs, typically we will rename the channels and overnight they will get corrupted again.
    It is a strange pattern of channel-name corruption. I notice that 101, 102, and 105 have corrupted names, but 103 and 104 do not. And yet those five channels are all in the same DVB-T2 MUX. Weird!

I have edited quite a few of my channel names (e.g. "BBC ONE HD" to "BBC1 HD"), and can confirm that I am not experiencing any problem with channel names (MP 1.12 on Windows Vista), so this is not a general problem for UK users.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not sure when the corruption occurs...
    Okay, here's a question.

Open TV Server Configuration.
    Navigate to the "general" section.
    Go to the "scan" tab within that section.
    Tell us: do you have the "linkage scanner" setting enabled?

If yes, try unticking that setting.
    Otherwise, please provide full TV Server log files. I don't have any other ideas.

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay, here's a question.

Open TV Server Configuration.
    Navigate to the "general" section.
    Go to the "scan" tab within that section.
    Tell us: do you have the "linkage scanner" setting enabled?

If yes, try unticking that setting.
    Otherwise, please provide full TV Server log files. I don't have any other ideas.

I found that in a previous forum posting and already made sure it is unchecked. thank you for looking into this. Overnight one channel was re-corrupted after I reset it yesterday.

No worries, I am away on business for 3 weeks so I'll have a think about it some more and maybe do another full re-install when I get back. I'll post back if I resolve the issue. Log files linked in OP

Jolltax

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...and maybe do another full re-install when I get back.
    Hmmm, I'd really like to know what's going on, but if you do this, we may never find out. Therefore I'd prefer to try and work through it.

Log files linked in OP
    Those log files are of no use because the two TV service log files only cover approximately half an hour each and neither of those half hour periods are overnight. That's why I asked for a new and full set (please include all TV service log files).

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    Hmmm, I'd really like to know what's going on, but if you do this, we may never find out. Therefore I'd prefer to try and work through it.

Those log files are of no use because the two TV service log files only cover approximately half an hour each and neither of those half hour periods are overnight. That's why I asked for a new and full set (please include all TV service log files).

OK cool, unfortunately I am away on business for 3 weeks and don't have access to the server but on my return I will provide logs etc

J

Jolltax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2015
    Home Country
    HI guys, I am back from my trip and here is a link to the logs from our server (I zipped them up, I hope thats OK). I would very grateful if one of you smart guys could advise me on what I need to do to get rid of this odd behaviour i.e. changing the channel names to weird stuff

The server has functioned well over the last 3 weeks even though the channel names are corrupted, most odd

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Welcome back! :)
    There's a lot of content in those log files.
    Are you certain that names were changed overnight between 6 and 7 October?
    Don't want to go looking through a haystack if there's no needle in it! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom