CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal | Version 1.2 (2011-08-05) (3 Viewers)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Hi

Loving the app so far!

Have an issue though-
    On a fresh reboot the app works fine.
    When the machine is resumed from standby the app doesnt connect to Mepo - could this be the Bonjour service not starting up on resume perhaps???

Note: I installed the Bonjour service manually as the button in the wifi plugin didnt appear to work :)

Thanks

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009

The App works very well ;)

I have a feature request for the App. It would great if the user can make his own Remote Templates and save them.
    I mean, i like bigger directionkeys and i would like to design my own templates for this. Bigger direction keys in nearer positions maybe. :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi

Loving the app so far!

Have an issue though-
    On a fresh reboot the app works fine.
    When the machine is resumed from standby the app doesnt connect to Mepo - could this be the Bonjour service not starting up on resume perhaps???

Note: I installed the Bonjour service manually as the button in the wifi plugin didnt appear to work :)

Thanks

Hi onelegend,

Does the server appear on the server list (back arrow on the remote screen) after resuming from standby? If not you are probably right and the Bonjour service doesn't start on resume. We have some code in WifiRemote that should handle standby and resume (WifiRemote.cs - wifiremote - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting), but it may be broken.

Could you set MediaPortal to debug logging and have a look into MediaPortal.log after resuming from standby if you see something like "[WifiRemote] Resuming WifiRemote, starting server" in it?

Regarding the bonjour install button, can you tell me what exactly didn't work? Was the button disabled or were you able to press it but nothing happened?

Cyrus1896 said:
    I have a feature request for the App. It would great if the user can make his own Remote Templates and save them.
    I mean, i like bigger directionkeys and i would like to design my own templates for this. Bigger direction keys in nearer positions maybe.

Thanks for your review on the App Store, I really appreciate that!
    I will try to implement some sort of gesture navigation in one of the next updates that should take care of the somewhat small buttons. Just have to figure out how to best do it.

Regarding remote templates that could get quite complicated. I will keep it in mind but I am afraid that if I can do it this will happen in some later versions.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country

Will check through the logs when I get home tonight.

The Bonjour install button was clickable, upon pressing nothing happened (button changed to a pressed in position).
    No errors appeared, but it did change at the top of the form to what looked like a progress bar (albeit an empty one :) )

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thank you for a great application works excellent.

Had two installation problems (both fixed now):
    1. Pressing the Bonjour installation button didn't do anything. No error message in the application nor in any log files. When running MP it logged an error about Bonjour not installed an a link to where one could install it. I installed manually and it worked fine.

2. Installing the WifiRemote plugin on MP1.1.x installed the button mapping xml file in the wrong directory. I moved the file and all worked as expected.

EDIT;
    Sorry, I see this has already been reported ;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

EDIT;
    Sorry, I see this has already been reported ;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

No problem and thanks for your message.
    The wrong keymap has already been fixed in WifiRemote.0.1.0.2 (available on the MediaPortal extension page). The reason for the bonjour installer bug ... hrm .. it worked for me ;) Will have a look at the code tonight and try to find out what goes wrong.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Thank you for the nice app :)

The Bonjour Installation (Win7 x64) worked for me but the progress bar didn't show anything, the setup suddenly popped up.

No problems so far... :))

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Thank you for the nice app :)

The Bonjour Installation (Win7 x64) worked for me but the progress bar didn't show anything, the setup suddenly popped up.

No problems so far... :))

Maybe your internet is too fast for the progress bar :D
    Joking aside, it would be interesting to know if your user has admin privileges and if those of you where the bonjour installation failed don't have them. Also please let me know (if you didn't already) if you are using a 64bit windows (onelegend, cul8er)!

Thanks.

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: CouchPotato - an iPhone remote app for MediaPortal (preview)

Maybe your internet is too fast for the progress bar
    Loool, that could be the reason... :D

if your user has admin privileges
    Yes my useraccount has admin privileges... and UAC disabled (Win 7 x64)

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country

My htpc is 32bit Win 7
    Its a admin account and I believe UAC is off, will confirm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom