Crash in TVSeries (1 Viewer)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I think I have found a crash in MP, possibly due to TVSeries plugin.

Details - If I am playing a TV show (no difference for how long or what type) and wish to return to MP and browse the plugin or guide etc. I will pause the show and press back on the remote or keyboard. As I am stepping back through the plugin with the back button. It will crash, lock the GUI and I will not be able to continue and I'll have to use taskmgr to close MP. It will not crash if you leave the show playing and step back through however.

I have had a brief look at the logs and even though I have not pressed stop it seems it may be doing so.

I have turned off all plugins except MP-TVSeries in MP config and collected logs a few times, 2 are attached at the bottom.
    I use Lav filters and the DefaultwideHD skin and I've tested this on my HTPC and test laptop. These logs are from my laptop.

Steps to reproduce.

With TVSeries plugin, browse and play a show from the database. While in fullscreen, press pause and then step back through the plugin.
    The crash will happen for me 9 out of 10 times before I get to the basic home screen.

Thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_10_02_19__15_33.zip
      313.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_10_02_19__15_42.zip
      303 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The crash does not look to be TVSeries related but MediaPortal input device related.
    Code:
    [2019-02-10 15:31:49,211] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - InputDevices - WndProc - exception caught from InputDevice: MediaPortal.InputDevices.HidListener System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at SharpLib.Hid.Event.GetDirectionPadState()
       at SharpLib.Hid.Event..ctor(Message aMessage, HidEventRepeatDelegate aRepeatDelegate, Boolean aRepeat, Int32 aRepeatDelayInMs, Int32 aRepeatSpeedInMs)
       at SharpLib.Hid.Handler.ProcessInput(Message& aMessage)
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.HidListener.WndProc(Message& msg, Action& action, Char& key, Keys& keyCode)
       at MediaPortal.InputDevices.InputDevices.WndProc(Message& msg, Action& action, Char& key, Keys& keyCode)

Maybe someone else on the MediaPortal team could be more help here. I presume it has something to do with whatever device you are using to navigate MediaPortal in the GUI.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for looking into that, I will investigate the input control settings and see if a setting will change anything.
    I use the standard RC6 remote control on the HTPC but only keyboard on the Laptop.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Looks like you might simply need to update the key dictionary configuration for the HID device.

I use an old ATI Remote Wonder, and go back on occasion to main view of active plugin or other plugins with media paused or playing in the thumbnail PiP viewer. The only problem I run into is forgetting that key controls are send to the playback window first. So using << and >> to change a cover image on a show/season will all of a sudden rewind or fast forward the media that was playing.

It's also possible to dedicate a button to immediately return to the playback window, but remember if you stop the media you are returned to the place you browsed to.

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I have tried a few things and nothing worked so I deleted my install of MP on the laptop test machine and reinstalled clean.
    I installed the TVSeries plugin and clean imported one folder from my network. I have not changed anything in the MP configuration except the tvserver address and the skin to Ares default. Remote and key settings are default.

Steps to reproduce.

Load MP,
    Using only keyboard
    Load TVSeries plugin
    Choose Series then episode and use "Enter" to play
    press "space" to pause
    press "esc" to go back
    press "esc" to go back again
    Crash

Same result in windowed mode.
    I have attached the latest log. The HID errors seem to be missing.

Thanks for the help guys

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_13_02_19__13_05.zip
      300.1 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Lichloathe, since that exact same scenario works fine on me, and has been working fine on 1.18, 1.19, and i recently upgraded to 1.21 and can confirm it still works it begs to make one wonder it is something external to MediaPortal for you.

That means BIOS, chipset, drivers, OS, or 3rd party conflicts.

Since the only entry in MePo error log file is video related I would focus on that.

1. What is the mainboard & videocard make+model?
    2. Have you check for updated videocard BIOS? (or mainboard BIOS for that matter)
    3. What exact GPU driver is being used currently, and does an update exist? (check with card manufacture first, but for proper designs the unified AMD/nVidia/Intel drivers should work fine)
    4. Same for chipset driver, for Intel use the auto-tool @ Drivers & Software for AMD select 'Chipsets' and the correct one for your board @ AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops (if in doubt use CPU-Z tool to find out which one you have)
    5. Version of LAVFilter in use, and does an update exist @ Nevcairiel/LAVFilters

One of those steps might immediately resolve your issue, but they need to be sorted out before you waste any more time digging deeper.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) no idea why it happen. I will also try it to see if I can reproduce it. But I'm pretty sure I have already done that without issue.

Tapatalk

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi guys,

I have been looking into this further and seem to have made it happen less often using a new install of MP and a clean database of TVSeries with one folder imported. This time I haven't changed any settings in MPTVSeries (I forgot, I changed the sort and regional settings).

I have noticed 2 regular scenarios.
    1 - if i pause the video straight away it takes returning to the tvseries view and browse in and out of the plugin quite a few times and in and out of full screen before it will crash.

2 - if I play the video for a few minutes then pause and return it seems to crashes straight away.

I am using Lav 0.73.1 and DXVA2 Native with standard directsound settings on all.
    I can post more settings if you like.

@Lichloathe, since that exact same scenario works fine on me, and has been working fine on 1.18, 1.19, and i recently upgraded to 1.21 and can confirm it still works it begs to make one wonder it is something external to MediaPortal for you.

I am thinking the same here however it happens on more than one of my setups and they are all entirely different in regards to hardware. One is Nvidia the others are AMD. All have the latest drivers where possible.

Maybe it's Windows 10 or something related to my network/server.

I have attached a couple more logs and have noted that the HID error is there again.
    1.zip is scenario 1 and 2.zip well.... you get the picture. ;)

I seem to be at a bit of a loss.
    Maybe I'll try my other laptop with a fresh install of Windows 10.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1.zip
      343.1 KB
    • 2.zip
      315 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) Will ask @Stéphane Lenclud maybe it can pinpoint why hid failed for you :p

Edit, after the error, there is a deadlock when cleanup directshow graph :
    VMR9: MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9 in renderer
    [2019-02-14 14:58:26,989] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VMR9: MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9 in renderer
    [2019-02-14 14:58:27,254] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - VMR9: Dispose 1

So the biggest issue is there and need to know why it happen :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom