[fixed] crash on TV server upgrade RC1=>RC2 (1 Viewer)

jack17de

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    re: crash on TV server upgrade RC1=>RC2

Update from 1.1.0 RC1 to RC2 on a "Win7/32bit-MySQL-based" system went fine.
    No problems so long, only onlinevideo 0.19-plugin isn't running. A new RC2-compatible version 0.20 is anounced for the next days...

alpha

April 7, 2006

For myself it's a different issue.

I did the upgrade from RC1 to RC2, TVServer was looking to run fine after the upgrade (was able to watch TV on MP). But when I enable the IRSS TV3, TV Server service wont restart.

Using Windows 7.

Any idea?

R(i)SK

Portal Member
    June 7, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

So I'm back with some further infos. I did some serious testing the past days installing RC2: I have installed, deleted, updated, fresh installed and so on every part of RC2 several times in different constellations and for me TV-Service never worked. Even with a complete fresh install of RC2 I can't watch TV. This leads me to one conclusion: The only component I haven't changed was my MySQL database, so there must be some kind of problem in the way RC2 access the database.

I can see my channels using the TV Server configuration tool, but when I start RC2 and try to switch to Live TV, RC2 simply freezes, my CPU usage rises up to 70-80% and keeps there forever (longest test period was 20 minutes).

Maybe this could give a developer a hint, what's causing the issue.

Edit: In all test, I made sure that I ran the TV Server Configuration application to avoid the "[Problem] TV not working after update" issue, of course!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I can see my channels using the TV Server configuration tool, but when I start RC2 and try to switch to Live TV, RC2 simply freezes, my CPU usage rises up to 70-80% and keeps there forever (longest test period was 20 minutes).
    Uhm....
    This thread is about a crash of the installer during the upgrade - while you talk about a issue of RC2 itselfe?

Please create a proper bugreport for this issue.

R(i)SK

Portal Member
    June 7, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Uhm....
    This thread is about a crash of the installer during the upgrade - while you talk about a issue of RC2 itselfe?

Please create a proper bugreport for this issue.
    Well because I wanted to state the problems with upgrading and show, that even after a complete new install TVServer isn't working properly.

In the meantime I made final tests and uninstalled my MySQL database too and made a totally clean install. But now the setup crashes when the MySQL server is being installed, stating "MYSQL - set password error : 1". Another hint that the installation problems are related to RC2's handling of the SQL server. :mad:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

In the meantime I made final tests and uninstalled my MySQL database too and made a totally clean install. But now the setup crashes when the MySQL server is being installed, stating "MYSQL - set password error : 1". Another hint that the installation problems are related to RC2's handling of the SQL server.
    Ofc it crashes and we never recommended _anywhere_ that you should uninstall the SQL Server.

Because (what you obviously don't know) the MySQL and MS-SQL uninstallers do not remove the database files.
    And if you do not remove them by hand, then the MySQL installer _will fail_ because there are database files in place which stop the installation routine.

So if you want to uninstall MySQL (but I see no reason why) then you _must_ manually delete all files from the previous installation _before_ you install MySQL/MS-SQL again.

In short, what you just reported is not a bug in RC2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom