[MP1-4578] Crashes after standby. (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go :)

Deleted need a little tweak :)

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks good at my side.

[OffTopic]
    @killer8 , just reinstalled WorldWeather - everything is working as it should, i.e. no crashes.
    @Micropolis : It is indeed true that on fast systems (SSD, etc.) the internet connection may not be immediately available, which throws the connection error message Screen. Another plugin doing this is Trakt. You may want to consider to delay the first lookup by a few seconds or maybe build a check loop that tests for connectivity for a given time before ultimatively throwing the error message.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi HTPC_Sourcer,
    It is indeed true that on fast systems (SSD, etc.) the internet connection may not be immediately available, which throws the connection error message Screen. Another plugin doing this is Trakt. You may want to consider to delay the first lookup by a few seconds or maybe build a check loop that tests for connectivity for a given time before ultimatively throwing the error message.

The WorldWeather plugin (and other plugins from my collection, which requires an internet connection) offer a possibility to "Wait xxx seconds after resume" before refreshing the plugin related information. You can find this option in the Expert Settings, see the appropriate manual how you can set up this.
    Maybe it's not the best solution but a helpful setting to prevent internet connectivity errors. I'll try to find a better solution in the next few days.

Regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try with the tools too if it give the same result ?

1 - Drag the arrow onto MP windowed and send message

View attachment 156040

2- Send ResumeAutomatic

View attachment 156041

3- Send ResumeSuspend

View attachment 156042

Does MP works ? here you simulate a stanbdy without really standby your PC but MP feel it's real.
    After that, you can disconnect internet after step1 (so when resuming, you should get the no internet message)

I will give this a try, will report back soon.

Update: I've tried the commands about 50 times, even disconnected the internet in between(disabled network controller) but mediaportal never crashes. Worldweather plugin was enabled while testing.

It is a little bit off-topic but you need an updated version of the standard Titan common.time.xml. Either pick the one from WorldWeather or look in the WeatherLite forum where Micopolis has also posted instructions, which files to exchange.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Oke, didn't know that but i'm using worldweather normally, this was just for testing purpose. Thank you anyway.

Looks good at my side.

[OffTopic]
    @killer8 , just reinstalled WorldWeather - everything is working as it should, i.e. no crashes.
    @Micropolis : It is indeed true that on fast systems (SSD, etc.) the internet connection may not be immediately available, which throws the connection error message Screen. Another plugin doing this is Trakt. You may want to consider to delay the first lookup by a few seconds or maybe build a check loop that tests for connectivity for a given time before ultimatively throwing the error message.

I will also try worldweather again with the fixes. About the SSD etc this can be true. My system resumes in a few seconds and give these messages about worldweather and trakt. The option you mention is already available in Worldweather but didn't make a difference for the crash(tested this last week with Micropolis).

Here we go :)
    ufficient to just click into the MePo wi

Thank you, I will also try this.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Apologies for the off-Topic :whistle:

The WorldWeather plugin (and other plugins from my collection, which requires an internet connection) offer a possibility to "Wait xxx seconds after resume" before refreshing the plugin related information. You can find this option in the Expert Settings, see the appropriate manual how you can set up this.
    Running the latest version of the plugin but there is no "Expert Setting" tab. How do I activate this?

Weather.PNG

Actually maybe MePo itself should flag an available Internet connection so that plugins can test for it before attempting external connections.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did another test(not installed the fix yet). But ran mp in window mode and enabled worldweather plugin. Also set the correct window on the sendmessage application before going into real standby. After I woke the htpc mp was frozen with the: no internet connection popup from world weather, I tried to send the PBT_AMPRESUMEAUTOMATIC and PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND but it doesn't work and the sendmessage application also crashed(because mp was frozen/crashed already, the sendmessage app unfroze when I killed the mp process). I've attached a screenshot of how everything looks like(it's frozen/crashed in the screen). I also attached the watchdog plugin zip.

Attachments

• crash.PNG
      crash.PNG
      2.6 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, if also the tool freeze, it's because MP is freeze (or not freeze but act like it, it can happen when MP run into a loop that never finish, some kind of deadlock or something), did you look the cpu usage of MP while it's frozen ?

Also try with the fix, it will surely lead to the same issue but like this, we know that it will not run into power message not received :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom