Crashes at recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    MP crashes at some previously recorded TV programs on certain SD channels, for example, Discovery. Other programs are fine. Live TV is OK for all channels including Discovery. Attempted to change the codecs - same thing.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Record any Discovery channel programming, attempt to playback, MP crashes. Logs attached.

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Please use the attached latest log file.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Couldn't find anything interesting from the logs. Please upload a 1 minute long recording that can be used to reproduce the crash:

Address: 188.40.65.249
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I managed to record two shows on same channel approximately at same time - one crashes - "Bering Sea Gold - Discovery Channel - 2012-04-29 - MP stopped working.ts" and one plays back just fine - "MythBusters - Discovery Channel - 2012-04-29 - good.ts". Live TV for both files was fine.

Currently uploading to your FTP server (uploading is quite slow - 30-50 kbytes/s). You should be able to compare two files when the upload is finished. It seems like the file that causes the problems contains north american analog closed captions.

After restoring Mediaportal back to 1.2.2 from my full system backup the problem disappears.

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi greybox,

Can you try to play the recording with the thumbnail creation disabled in MediaPortal configuration:

thumbnail setting.png

I had also some crashes related to recordings and with disabling this option it solved the issue. (It looks like the thumbnailer is also causing the crash based on your logs).

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Lbr_Lion: I tried to disable the thumbnail creation, and also clean the thumbnails, same thing. Thank you for trying to help.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Crash is at MediaInfo.dll. We need to determine if there is something wrong with the recording itself or a bug in MediaInfo

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Both files playback just fine in Mediaportal 1.2.2.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I just upgraded to 1.2.3 again and replaced MediaInfo.dll distributed with 1.2.3 with the file from my old 1.2.2 - the problem has gone. I can play both files in 1.2.3 now and the system does not crash. It looks like there is a bug in MediaInfo.dll 0.7.54.0. - crashes when .ts contains NA closed captions.

I also tried the latest MediaInfo.dll 0.7.57 from http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows - works fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom