Crashes at recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, I can confirm that I just experienced this issue as well. This only occurred for Analog recordings and only sometimes, at others it worked perfectly fine. Just like the original author, for any files that failed, they would never fail. Instead they would immediately crash. The faulting module was MediaInfo.dll. As suggested, I downloaded the latest version of MediaInfo.dll (0.7.59 32bit) and placed it in the MediaPortal root directory. This did indeed resolve the issue and I was able to access those problematic files.

I am telling you this because I wanted to confirm what version does fix the problem, and was also curious if this is something that is planned to go into the MP 1.3 release.

Hope this helps in some way!

Steve

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    If anyone runs across this now the newest version of MediaInfo 0.7.61 does not appear to be compatible. I was able to find the older 0.7.59 version and that works as discussed

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    If anyone runs across this now the newest version of MediaInfo 0.7.61 does not appear to be compatible. I was able to find the older 0.7.59 version and that works as discussed
    What do you mean with compatible?

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    It causes MediaPortal to crash. My files played, but MP crashed in the background. When I installed the 0.7.59 version it worked fine.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Thank you! :)
    I see you are using MP 1.2.3.
    Would be nice if you can test with MP 1.3.0 Alpha or the upcoming MP 1.3.0 BETA. We did internal tests with MediaInfo v0.7.61 (on MP 1.3.0 BETA GIT) and no team member could reproduce this. Although we noticed some issues with MediaInfo v0.7.60.

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    I too was having the issue with MediaPortal 1.2.3 it would work perfect if i manually recorded however with a scheduled recording it would start the recording then crash the TV server after 1-3 mins or less, not sure why this started in the last last few weeks at least that's when i noticed it, as this has been installed for 1+years and recording without issue.
    I have replaced the MediaInfo.dll (Ver 7.53.0) with new version ( Ver 7.63.0) and so far scheduled recording are working again.
    I will try a few more to be 100% sure as i have only tested it twice so far.
    Downloaded the DLL from here.
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows

Update:
    I can now confirm that i have test 4 recordings and no tv-server crashes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    G MP Crashed during setting up recording. Newcomers Forum 1
    F MediaPortal 1.16 server crashing due to user error? General Support 5
    L Service keeps crashing General 5
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    D [solved] Changed username in Win10, now TV Server config crashes on fresh install Installation, configuration support 1
    ajs Trakt error when start with MP crash Trakt 1
    R TV server crash with WintTV quadHD General 0
    Dark Eyes TVService locks up or fails to restart on resuming from sleep, and crashes when grabbing EPG Installation, configuration support 7
    atlantic [solved] MP1.24 Pre released crash in TV General Support 12
    RoChess Random GPU crash leads to MePo restart, but works fine afterwards MediaPortal 1 14
    R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
    doskabouter 1.23.0 Crash when skipping in a dvd Bugreports 3
    J [fixed] [MP2-833] 2.2.2 server crash during import Submit: Bug Reports 50
    P MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception General 2
    Rob Hexenmeister DVD Skip steps causing crash General Support 2
    badboyxx MP 1.22 final is crashing when jumping forward while playing DVD-Iso watch/edit Videos 26
    Terra Crash when opening ACTORS list My TVSeries 3
    Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
    KlausWirn Music crash Bass crash no change to play music Installation, configuration support 2
    cladinshadows85 [solved] Audio playing mutiple times over video and crashing General 8
    joecrow Win 10 crash, hang and freeze with USB Tuner. General Support 13