Created an HTPC dedicated website, need your help with MediaPortal [CONTEST] (1 Viewer)

purehavuk

November 21, 2015
Detroit, MI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello MediaPortal users,

I have started a website dedicated to HTPC hardware, software, gaming, and more. At the moment it is officially up and running.

The reason I am here, is because it has been a very long time since I used MediaPortal and I want my visitors to have all available options for picking the right software for their needs. Currently Kodi is in the spotlight on the site, but I will be creating guides to assist newcomers that want a great media center PC experience.

So please take a look at the site and tell me what you want to see. There is also a contest to help fund the site, you could win a GeForce GTX and a Steam card.

CouchBoundPC.com

Thank you,

T. Higgins / purehavuk
CouchBoundPC

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nobody responded, thought I'd see about the user base here, nobody seemed interested so I moved on.
    I have thought for quite a few years that the computer industry has a natural tendency to produce monopolies.

For example, if you are a new media-center user and you have problems setting up or using a particular media center, you want to go to the website that is likely to be frequented by the greatest number of people who are experts in that media center, since that gives you the best chance of finding a solution to your problem.

If you are an expert in a particular media center and you wish to help other people, you want to frequent the website that has the greatest number of people with problems, so that you can help the greatest number of people.

Ergo, you have a primary website that deals with a particular media center, and the only value that other websites can add is in the form of links to the primary website.

This tendency towards monopolies is pervasive, and applies to many areas of interest (not just media centers), but it also includes:

(1) the microprocessor used in the computer (Intel architecture)
    (2) the operating system (Windows)
    (3) the auction website (eBay)
    (4) the social website (Facebook)
    (5) the search engine (Google)
    (6) the payment system (PayPal)
    (7) the chatter website (Twitter)
    (8) the sales portal (Amazon)
    (9) ...

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom