Codecs Current best GT430 drivers? (1 Viewer)

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Because with LAV codec, live tv breaks up and pixellates.

Apparently live tv isn't supported with LAV, although many report it to work just fine.

Would be nice to use just one codec for everything, but it's not a show stopper.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I'm using 296.10 - WHQL with GT430 on my dev PC. Haven't spotted any issues (other than the HDMI is cropping out the audio as soon as there is no output which causes HDMI handshake on next time when there is audio - but that is a generic issue with all available Nvidia drivers).

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Right, done yet more testing!

Uninstalled Tesla drivers, and installed 301.24 drivers.
    Uninstalled SAF609.

Installed LAV 50.1 filters.

With CUVID acceleration on, still same problem. Unticked high quality, still same problem.

Changed to DXVA2(native) and it works fine, although ticker tape on Sky News HD is a bit rougher than with PDVD12 codec.

So, at least I can now use LAV codec exclusively but am at a loss as to why CUVID performs so badly!

I'm using decent kit too - E8500 processor on a Striker II Extreme MB, with 8Gb RAM and a SSD for OS/Mediaportal.

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just curious what spec the pcie slot you have your gt430 in.
    I used to have stuttering issues with mine using CUVID when it was running in a pciex16@x4 (which is a pci16 slot but runs at x4 speeds).

When I changed motherboard to one with a true pciex16, stuttering went away.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I had wondered that myself, but according to GPU-Z it is running at 16x

The motherboard supports triple-sli so should be fine.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the latest of course

i have no issues ever with my nvidia 430 GT ..i intentionally bought it over other cards because it has a heatsink instead of a fan(for less noise) and it supports CUDA(being nvidia) and supports VP4 (h264 & mpeg2 decoding) with CUVID option on in LAV codecs which are the BEST!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I have jumped to Nvidia drivers based just on them being newer and found all manner of things like sync issues and such. In my experience, newer is not always better.

As further back in the thread, hacked Tesla drivers 'were' the most popular amungst people on these forums (and I currently still use these), but this weekend I'm going to try the 296.10 - WHQL Nvidia drivers Tony mentioned. The Live HD TV sync is really grinding me down now, as for all other file playback, h264 1080p etc, all plays excellently.

I do wish I'd shopped around for a GT430 without a fan though :/ I made a school boy error there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom