Codecs Current best GT430 drivers? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous posts, yes, I have been adding them both as custom resolutions, one called 24 (which is 24hz) and one called 23 (which is 23.976). The modeline maker is giving me a "Resolution already exists" message. I have my PC connected to my Pioneer receiver then to my Panasonic Plasma. This worked fine while I was running XP. Maybe the HDMI cable isn't properly plugged in? But that doesn't really make sense either, as surely, it would affect all the other, working resolutions?

At one time during my testing, the graphics turned a monochrome green and I had to cycle the HDMI inputs on my receiver to get a usable picture again. Scary. :/

Emph

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm also using the regular drivers for my GT430 and have no issues.

I have a vague memory of having the same error message when setting up the customs resolutions a long time ago but I do not remember any details. Have you googles this?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Emph.
    Just for testing.. Connect your GT430 direct to your TV, without the AVR. And then reinstall all the Drivers again. Normally there is no need to add custom resolution at all to get 23.976 Hz and 24 Hz available and working. I never had set up any custom resolutions and both are always there. It's possible your AVR has the "24p Bug".... (Yes this bug is NOT limited to Intel GFX...)

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which amp are you using? My 430GT is connected to a pioneer vsx-2021 and i do not need to setup custom resolutions.
    23 and 24 are available and work. Well, 23 results in a 23.975 insted of 23.976 - as fas as SHIFT+F1 is correct.

While changing the resolution/refreshrate sometime i see some green flicker,too. Just for a ms. Seems amp related since i never
    saw that before.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The resolutions and refresh rate timings are from the monitor/screen and monitor drivers. If its already there by default, u know why now.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, basically I need the GT430 to output for the TV, not the AVR? If I play a movie that's 23.976 in MediaPortal with Automatic Refresh Rate Changer enabled, I get an incorrect AR but refresh rate seems to be fine. I guess I have to fine tune the custom res or just get the proper .inf file for my TV somehow?

Thanks a lot for all the help so far, you guys are great! :)
    Emph

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It depends if its your AVR that cause the missing profiles or if its the tv, or both. Removing AVR would be a good test to see if the former that is the case.

Can you pass through the HDMI signal in AVR without touching it, that is possible with my Onkyo.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I'm not even using the AVR's video processing (that I'm aware of anyway), but my video card is showing Pioneer (AVR) not Panasonic (TV), so *somethings* going on for sure. I'm gonna run MonInfo and see if I get something else for my Geforce to work with: http://entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm I used it with my TV before I bought my AVR (I used to have a non-HDMI AVR before, only for audio).

Emph

Last edited:

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows shows my amp, too. But it works whatever i connect. Possible that the amp passes the tvs info of available video modes?

Still dont know which model you use but johanjs hint should work for any vsx.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, I disconnected the AVR and connected my HTPC straight to my TV. I get:

23 - Black screen only - TV announces no signal coming in
    24 - Shifted signal but with correct A/R - TV announces 1080p (I can't see the hz used, sadly)

Custom 23 and 24 using this modeline (found via Google):
    Code:
    active pixels horizontal: 1920 vertical: 1080

front porch horizontal: 638 vertical: 4

sync width horizontal: 44 vertical: 5

total pixels horizontal: 2750 vertical: 1124

polarity horizontal: positive vertical: positive

refresh rate: 23.978

Also tried using 24.000 with the above configuration with the same result below.

The above mode line game me a solid picture but with an incorrect A/R. Same results with or without my AVR connected. Are ya'll using the very latest GeForce drivers with this card? I wouldn't mind trying another one if it works better than this. Also, I use RealVNC from my Laptop to do this on my HTCP, thus turning Aero off for some reason. I'm not sure if I get the full potential from the video card's mode line options like this, Aero is kind of a bitch compared to using XP. :( Anyone know of a remote desktop app that's free and doesn't mess with the video settings like this?

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I made .inf files for both devices and tried installing that before and after the mode line generation.

Emph

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom