Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi DJBlu i've just upgraded to the new version 32 and noticed that a really old bug has returned namely a bug that was fixed in the 23 version. This new version is not removing old channels when the service ID changes. Just looking at my channel list and there are a few duplicates in there. Anyway many thanks for the new plugin. cheers

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    One thing I've found with the logo grabber is that it doesn't seem to handle duplicate channels to well. After a scan I had 3 versions of the various Channel 4 channels, so I deleted the unwanted ones, but now the remaining channels do not have a logo.

desidunda

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Home Country
    @DJBlu hi mate done the reinstall of 1.3.0 with your svn scanned and got all the channels sorted with your grabber plugin no other plugins installed and the old bug of no free channels is back even though I downloaded the fresh copy of 1.3.0 alpha.
    here are the new logs

desidunda

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Home Country
    okay here's a little update removed all channels did a manual scan and again removed all channels but BBC ITV and Channel 4 and they seem to be working now any one able to point me to the fix for card not free bug if two or more of the same channels are found in channel list as uk tv grabber seem to be leaving multiples of the same channel

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu i've just upgraded to the new version 32 and noticed that a really old bug has returned namely a bug that was fixed in the 23 version. This new version is not removing old channels when the service ID changes. Just looking at my channel list and there are a few duplicates in there. Anyway many thanks for the new plugin. cheers

Just another one to add. If in the Card/Mappings Tab i select Simple A as the diseqc method all channels added are getting the setting diseqc Simple B. If none is selected in Card/Mappings Then all New Channel get Simple A settings. Cheers

Last edited:

desidunda

Portal Member
    November 16, 2010
    Home Country
    A bit more and final update for tonight ;) Cleared all channels again tried to use the grabber to grab channels and up epg got the no free cards available, did a complete manual scan and move only few channels into categories leaving the rest in all channels category and they seem to be working now

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    A bit more and final update for tonight ;) Cleared all channels again tried to use the grabber to grab channels and up epg got the no free cards available, did a complete manual scan and move only few channels into categories leaving the rest in all channels category and they seem to be working now

Just check the settings for a random channel and look at is diseqc setting if its B try Changeing it to A or none and then try viewing that channel

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country

Just another one to add. If in the Card/Mappings Tab i select Simple A as the diseqc method all channels added are getting the setting diseqc Simple B. If none is selected in Card/Mappings Then all New Channel get Simple A settings. Cheers

Fixed diseqc. Looking into old channels. Can you explain what you mean with the channels. A channel will only be removed if sky remove it from their EPG. If the SID changes then the channel will be updated. Which channels are duplicated?

New file on page 1.

Last edited:

icam2

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I'll just see how i can replicate it and get back to you asap

Ok just confirming Diseqc working fine here now. However all new channel have PMT PID set at 0. (no causing a problem as i can still view channels ok).

Duplicate channel problem:
    If i say change the SID for BBC THREE from 10351(correct) to 103 (incorrect) the plugin adds a new BBC THREE entry with the right SID but leaves the old one in place. On the version i was using (27) it would remove the channels with an incorrect SID however after the last few releases its now not doing it.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom