Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    I've been having problems with the TVServer crashing for quite a while now (Thread starts here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hannel-epg-grabber.96767/page-177#post-946400). I have reported this before but we couldn't get to the bottom of the problem. Initially it was thought it was because the timeshiftbuffer was on another drive but restoring it to it's original location didn't help. I think I've narrowed the problem down to the fact that the grabber can't seem to get a lock on my TV card (details in specs) it doesn't matter which tuner I select the problem persists. If I wait until the card is no longer busy i.e. it seems to perform an epg update quite often, it works flawlessly. If I leave the grabber selected in the Server plugins it crashes the TVServer when it tries to update the channel list, so consequently I leave it disabled and only enable it once a week to update the egp.

I'll post some logs when I'm near the server.

Nick Harris

March 12, 2013
    Sheffield, UK
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Scrambled channels still being shown with 'Ignore Scrambled Channels' is selected.

I've searched the forums and it seems this issue was fixed in 1.2.0.35, but I'm using that version and still have the same problem. Any suggestions anyone?

I'm using MP 1.3.0.15 and as mentioned plugin version 1.2.0.35. Scrambled channels are showing as red under 'TV Channels'. I've seen the work around mentioned by others to deselect these, but wanted to know if there was a better way. Not sure it makes any difference but I'm using a dual DVB-S card (TBS 6981) which is shown as 2 tuners and have both selected in the plugin.

Thanks!

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am having similar problems - I couldn't use MP 1.3 final with Custom Data Grabber as my TV Service kept being dropped and I was finding that my server stopped waking up to record programmes. It also crashed a number of times. I couldn't really tell what the problem was as I was previously using 1.3 alpha with Miroslav's plugin and the setup was rock solid for months.

I went back to 1.3 RC (a couple of weeks back), which I thought had completely cured the problem but there was just one day last week when I had to manually start the TV Service manually - this only happened once and has not happened since.

DJBlu, I note that you this problem might be solved if you "Disable the picture grabbing for now as it's this that is causing the issue".

Would you mind just clarifying what this refers to please?

Also - I did add some logs for the latest error with 1.3 final, if this is any help to anyone -

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-suddenly-not-working-any-suggestions.117770/

Thanks

Last edited:

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks onelegend - unfortunately, I did not use that feature anyway, so the problem lies elsewhere. The hunt goes on.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    had another tv server crash when i turned tv on this morning hope the tv server logs shed some light on it.
    I dont use the image grabber channel logos.
    Not change anything.

i missed my F1 recording though :(

Last edited:

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    My server well and completely screwed up last night - it completely stopped recording anything automatically and when I put a manual record on and selected active recordings, it said that it was not recording anything.

I decided that perhaps it was my windows installation that was the problem and did a complete reinstall from scratch.

I then installed 1.3.0 final, then the alternative TSWrite.ax file that was causing freeview channels not be picked up properly and then installed the five files to upgrade 1.3.0 final with DJBlu's custom grabber.

To my horror, once I set everything up and tried to populate the EPG, it was told that that was an error and no grabbing could take place as all the cards were busy. I looked at the manual control and my DVB-S2 card was idling.

I have tried restarting the server, unplugging it for a few minutes and I keep getting the error. Also, having restarted, I had to manually restart the TV Service, which should have happened authomatically.

I left it last night with a random recording for 4am this morning to see if this would allow the custom grabber to update things but the EPG is still empty.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I completely uninstall Mediaportal and try again?

Should I try with an earlier version instead - e.g. 1.3.0 RC.

I used to have no problems with 1.3.0 alpha but I note from the above that Atomic 7431 is having trouble with this as well.

Does anyone know where this recent spate of problems has come from? I used to have my set up running for months with no issues (i.e. no crashes or freezes or missed recordings) but it now seems that I have to mess around with it every few days.

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    had another crash today while watching a recording for my kids. The program was still playing but there was an error message in front of the playing recording saying media portal has encountered an error and had to close which then wanted to send a debug report. will post more logs in a while but tv in use at present.

Logs now attached.

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    My server well and completely screwed up last night - it completely stopped recording anything automatically and when I put a manual record on and selected active recordings, it said that it was not recording anything.

I decided that perhaps it was my windows installation that was the problem and did a complete reinstall from scratch.

I then installed 1.3.0 final, then the alternative TSWrite.ax file that was causing freeview channels not be picked up properly and then installed the five files to upgrade 1.3.0 final with DJBlu's custom grabber.

To my horror, once I set everything up and tried to populate the EPG, it was told that that was an error and no grabbing could take place as all the cards were busy. I looked at the manual control and my DVB-S2 card was idling.

I have tried restarting the server, unplugging it for a few minutes and I keep getting the error. Also, having restarted, I had to manually restart the TV Service, which should have happened authomatically.

I left it last night with a random recording for 4am this morning to see if this would allow the custom grabber to update things but the EPG is still empty.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I completely uninstall Mediaportal and try again?

Should I try with an earlier version instead - e.g. 1.3.0 RC.

I used to have no problems with 1.3.0 alpha but I note from the above that Atomic 7431 is having trouble with this as well.

Does anyone know where this recent spate of problems has come from? I used to have my set up running for months with no issues (i.e. no crashes or freezes or missed recordings) but it now seems that I have to mess around with it every few days.

Install as instructed and don't replace any files.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for that DJBlu - seems that that alternative TSWrite.ax file was indeed the culprite.

I reinstalled 1.3.0 RC. and things are running fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom