Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (10 Viewers)

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cards will change sooner or later, 5 years is the norm I believe, 2009 last change - next year if lucky. I don't believe they would give a warning before doing it as per the rumour information and of course updates wil l come in whilst at it

If I was sly i would swap it out top secret on the run up to Xmas :)

Maybe their next boxes will be able to output Dolby over Hdmi :)

/dusts off sly box

Funnily enough they have done Dolby over HDMI it's just come out of beta and is being rolled out over the air at the min.

Source:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1808804[DOUBLEPOST=1366557452][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can someone post a link please on this topic?

Cheers.
    We can't it's not really supposed to be spoken about never mind posting links it can be found via google.

bubsy83

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2010
    Brecon
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Basically Sky cards are not going to work in anything except an official Sky box from June.
    No more using a Sky card in a CAM.

Last edited:

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    @elsmandino - You're not alone; I have ended up going back to 1.2.3 on all clients and server. Everything working great again now. I'm just going to leave it alone for a while now and follow the maxim of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Hi Porky - have done exactly the same and everything is completely fine - no more missed recordings.

I agree that for the time being, I shall stick with what definitely works, regardless of whether it has a little less eye candy.

Alex

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    any news on the issue i reported about the tv service crashing randomly every so often and then missing recordings? is this a mepo 1.3.0 issue or is it the plugin thats causing the problem?

colossus-x

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    any news on the issue i reported about the tv service crashing randomly every so often and then missing recordings? is this a mepo 1.3.0 issue or is it the plugin thats causing the problem?

Well while your waiting for a response from a dev I will chip in with my experience. I have never had a stable tvservice. On any version. Whether using custom data grabber version or not. I have turned off all automatic EPG grabbing and I now seem to have a stable service. On 1.3.x btw.

To achieve this I go to DVB EPG section in the tvservice configuration utility and untick 'Epg grabbing while timeshifting/recording' and 'Epg Grabbing while idle'. Then in Sky UK Grabber plugin I go to the Shedule tab and untick the box there.

To get guide data I do a manual update in the Custom Data Grabber plugin page which is a bit of a nuisance but I'd prefer to have a stable system which I do seem to have now at last : )

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Assuming you're referring to here?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hannel-epg-grabber.96767/page-209#post-985178

...your logs are essentially useless.

To track down the causes of crashes the most important log files are the Windows application and system event logs!
    Your log files obviously don't include those details... but the watchdog would have.
    All you need to do with the watchdog is follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

<rant>It puzzles me why so many people don't use the watchdog. To me it seems so much easier to use than collecting the logs manually, and it also gives us far more useful information (for example, dxdiag output, system logs...). If you have any constructive feedback about why you don't use the watchdog then please do share it!</rant>

Well while your waiting for a response from a dev I will chip in with my experience. I have never had a stable tvservice. On any version. Whether using custom data grabber version or not. I have turned off all automatic EPG grabbing and I now seem to have a stable service. On 1.3.x btw.
    I've looked through your post history and it doesn't look like you've reported this. For goodness sake - please report problems so we have a chance to deal with them!

PS: This post is not intended to come across as grumpy. Just trying to be helpful, but a little bewildered that when people have problems they either don't use the tools we provide to get the info we need, or don't report the problem at all. o_O :confused:

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Anyone experiencing signal lock errors

I posted my logs below when it occurred last week

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/TS-record-bug/issue.118553/

I prob had a bad signal lock once in the last year before this week, it's now occurred 6 times in the last week (3 on my system and 3 on my other system in different house) - I can get debug logs from my other system this eve if more data required

Just wondering if related to a channel frequency change or smth as it tends to do it on bbc 1 hd for me which recently moved

I'll boot in to my backup drive and install clean 1.3 with no mdapi/data grabber to try and duplicate

Edit: When it happened on a channel last night, I stopped the stream and retuned and it was perfect. I retuned to the same channel another 20 or so times.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country

Re recording
    How are you adding recordings, if importing schedule, schedule won't set wake timers and thus won't wake to record

If via the epg guide, then look at power scheduler ++ , as mm said - logs for more help ;)

Atomic7431

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country

Re recording
    How are you adding recordings, if importing schedule, schedule won't set wake timers and thus won't wake to record

If via the epg guide, then look at power scheduler ++ , as mm said - logs for more help ;)

no power scheduler on anymore so no wake timers needed, and it crashed while playing a recording, recordings are set via tv guide and logs were attached but not via your tool but from the log folder in mepo. No imported schedules of any kind.[DOUBLEPOST=1367304462][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Assuming you're referring to here?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...hannel-epg-grabber.96767/page-209#post-985178

...your logs are essentially useless.

To track down the causes of crashes the most important log files are the Windows application and system event logs!
    Your log files obviously don't include those details... but the watchdog would have.
    All you need to do with the watchdog is follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

<rant>It puzzles me why so many people don't use the watchdog. To me it seems so much easier to use than collecting the logs manually, and it also gives us far more useful information (for example, dxdiag output, system logs...). If you have any constructive feedback about why you don't use the watchdog then please do share it!</rant>

The issue is not reproduce-able its very random and so would have to run this mode all the time which would completely change the look of mepo and its features, now for the wife and kids this is awkward as there used to a certain look and feel. I appreciate that wont ever find the issue and therefor not your problem if we cant get the specific logs, i did not actually realize the logs collected with the tool included more information than just zipping up the log folder, and nobody else has ever said any different when ive posted log before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom