Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Oh no my EPG import has gone loopy - can anyone help?

First of all I noticed that nothing was being added to the EPG past Tuesday next week, despite running the EPG grabber several times and it going through the motions with success messages. Then EPG listings started disappearing for FTA channels.

So I bit the bullet and deleted all channels, then ran the EPG importer again. Now it goes through the channels update OK then gets to the 'importing EPG this may take 15 minutes' message but then skips immediately to the compete this took x seconds message.

EPG in Mediaportal is almost completely empty and I've lost all schedules. What can I do?

metropolis

Portal Pro
June 1, 2007
Orpington
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Oh no my EPG import has gone loopy - can anyone help?

First of all I noticed that nothing was being added to the EPG past Tuesday next week, despite running the EPG grabber several times and it going through the motions with success messages. Then EPG listings started disappearing for FTA channels.

So I bit the bullet and deleted all channels, then ran the EPG importer again. Now it goes through the channels update OK then gets to the 'importing EPG this may take 15 minutes' message but then skips immediately to the compete this took x seconds message.

EPG in Mediaportal is almost completely empty and I've lost all schedules. What can I do?
Try deleting the entire database and re-do:

1. Stop the TV Service. Close SetupTV.
2. Open MySql Command Line Client
3. Enter your password, should be "MediaPortal"
4. Then type:
drop database mptvdb; [return]
5. Now you can open SetupTV.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thanks. I ended up doing that last night and, it has to be said after a couple of attempts, the EPG data showed up again.

Now I'm worried the same thing is going to happen again, but also that my config is not quite right. I don't want to have to keep dumping entire databases as I have a multi card setup and it takes me a couple of hours to get TV server configured again.

I've just checked the logs - the updater has just run, and I have a lot of messages saying channel (name) is not configured to grab epg. Possibly for every single channel although I haven't checked all 900+ one by one.

So have I made a mistake? Although I've allowed the MP EPG grabber to gather EPG data for DVB-T channels, I selected only those channels and checked the 'only gather EPG data for the selected channels' box. I assumed that DJBlu's plugin would operate independently of that. I also thought I don't want the MP EPG grabber getting EPG info from the Freesat EPG and overwriting Series Link data.

The sympton appears to be consistent with the apparent cause - after initial setup, the grabber runs and completes successfully, but no EPG is added.

Should I be telling MP TV Server to grab EPG data for all channels in the MP EPG options? And if I do this, will it disrupt DJBlu's Sky grabber plugin?

I have searched for answers but not found any.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
Thanks. I ended up doing that last night and, it has to be said after a couple of attempts, the EPG data showed up again.

Now I'm worried the same thing is going to happen again, but also that my config is not quite right. I don't want to have to keep dumping entire databases as I have a multi card setup and it takes me a couple of hours to get TV server configured again.

I've just checked the logs - the updater has just run, and I have a lot of messages saying channel (name) is not configured to grab epg. Possibly for every single channel although I haven't checked all 900+ one by one.

So have I made a mistake? Although I've allowed the MP EPG grabber to gather EPG data for DVB-T channels, I selected only those channels and checked the 'only gather EPG data for the selected channels' box. I assumed that DJBlu's plugin would operate independently of that. I also thought I don't want the MP EPG grabber getting EPG info from the Freesat EPG and overwriting Series Link data.

The sympton appears to be consistent with the apparent cause - after initial setup, the grabber runs and completes successfully, but no EPG is added.

Should I be telling MP TV Server to grab EPG data for all channels in the MP EPG options? And if I do this, will it disrupt DJBlu's Sky grabber plugin?

I have searched for answers but not found any.

Using the DVB-EPG grabber will stop updates going to the server from the plugin as the DVB-T channels will have had their last update time modified by the DVB-T grab. The plugin will send the data but it will be rejected as it was updated x amount of minutes/hours ago.

ears

Portal Member
October 7, 2008
Thanks DJBlu - does that include the DVB-S channels?

So what you're saying is don't use the MP EPG updater at all, even for DVB-T channels, if I want your plugin to work?

If so could I get around it with a WebEPG import into the DVB-T channels?

I tried channel pairing between DVB-S and DVB-T but was worried that this would disrupt the plugin EPG import too.

Your plugin is my priority - no plugin = no mediaportal. The time saved with channel ordering, grouping, series link (I have to set these up manually in a web client in DVBViewer - there's nothing in the client to add them from an EPG page) is great.

Thanks for all your work.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Question..

I downgraded from a TBS6984 to a TBS6981 as I no longer have Sky. Will the tuner by default allow you to tune multiple channels that are on the same transponder, or is some sort of setting required? (recording overlap causes issues sometimes and will prevent timeshifting of a third channel.)

Cheers..

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Question..

I downgraded from a TBS6984 to a TBS6981 as I no longer have Sky. Will the tuner by default allow you to tune multiple channels that are on the same transponder, or is some sort of setting required? (recording overlap causes issues sometimes and will prevent timeshifting of a third channel.)

Cheers..

It works by default on my setup with the same card

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Most FTA HD channels are on different transponders, with the exception of BBC One HD and BBC Two HD. Broadcasters tend to use whole transponders for their channels so you may find Channel 4 (not HD), More 4 etc on the same transponder. But it's a rare occurrence.

If you look at Manual Control in TV Server Config, you'll see any recordings that are being taken from the same transponder. The number of subchannels will increase and a new instance of your tuner will appear, with details about what it's recording.

Sites like KingofSat and Linosat will tell you transponder channel groupings.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm currently using an older version (1.4.0.1) of this plugin that I downloaded a while ago, and which I have a few issues, so downloaded the latest version on page 1 (1.4.0.6) and installed it into the plugins folder overwriting the old version, but didn't get an entry in the plugins tree in SetupTV to configure anything, so reverted to the old version in the meantime.

Should I have done anything else to upgrade to the newer version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom