Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (9 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The settings are stored differently in the database.

You will need to delete the settings and start again.

Stop the TV service. Open MySql command line client.

Enter the password, should be "MediaPortal" Case sensitive, unless you have set it as something else.

Type the following,

use mptvdb; [return]
delete from setting where tag like '%SKYUKPLUG%'; [return]

Start the TV service and you should be able to select the new plugin.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Great, thanks! I'll give it a go. If I'm still experiencing the issues I'm having I'll be back with another post.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Hi there,

I have been messing around with various options for recording/EPG over the past few months and although I love and favour the simplicity of the Custom Grabber - constantly updating itself and the series link button, I do slightly miss the fact that Sky appear to not provide very limited details about the series and season.

Is there any way to perhaps update the Sky EPG with additional information about the episode from another source?

T.J

Portal Member
August 2, 2013
Home Country
@T.J I just checked on mine and both tuners have exactly the same channels mapped. I've not added any at all so I'm not sure why yours would only map to one card. I did delete all my channels before I ran this plugin... could it be that?

Dropped the database and did a full scan with 1.4.0.6 and its definitely only mapping channels to the tuner it can see... The "TV Mapping" window for the first tuner shows all the channels in the "Channels mapped to card" column but on the second tuner they are in the "Available channels" - under "Manual Control" i can time-shift to the tuner the grabber sees but attempting it with the second one just gives an "all cards busy error"

If i manually map the channels to the second tuner will any channel changes the grabber makes to the first tuner be duplicated on the second or will i have to keep checking / changing them myself?

jodesi

Portal Member
April 12, 2012
England
Home Country
England England
@T.J I just checked on mine and both tuners have exactly the same channels mapped. I've not added any at all so I'm not sure why yours would only map to one card. I did delete all my channels before I ran this plugin... could it be that?

Dropped the database and did a full scan with 1.4.0.6 and its definitely only mapping channels to the tuner it can see... The "TV Mapping" window for the first tuner shows all the channels in the "Channels mapped to card" column but on the second tuner they are in the "Available channels" - under "Manual Control" i can time-shift to the tuner the grabber sees but attempting it with the second one just gives an "all cards busy error"

If i manually map the channels to the second tuner will any channel changes the grabber makes to the first tuner be duplicated on the second or will i have to keep checking / changing them myself?

Your right mate, I did a clean install on a brand new system and as you said... one tuner. I'm not sure what happened on the other system but it must have got them from a previous scan. I did the same and mapped them manually. It may be because the tuners show up as the same name, either way they both seem to work OK but I'll test it more when I get home and let you know. As for the channels you need to manually add to the 2nd card, I would say that you will need to re-add them if there's a change. Unless DJblu can think of a reason/fix for the single tuner showing.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I upgraded my main system to Windows 8.1 and I wish I hadn't. Can't reboot or shut down any more, but the main problem is MediaPortal doesn't start. Should've checked whether 1.4.0 supported Windows 8.1 but I don't really understand why the developers would purposefully block future OS numbers instead of just having the "unsupported OS" message but oh well, lesson learned. :(

Where exactly in the database do the tuner names need changing for Custom Data Grabber to recognise them both? I had a similar issue with MDAPI because it would use the tuner names to uniquely identify them. Of course, they were the same, so I needed to do some manual tweaking to get it to work with both of them. It's a bit weird that Custom Data Grabber now has the same problem when it didn't before...

T.J

Portal Member
August 2, 2013
Home Country
I upgraded my main system to Windows 8.1 and I wish I hadn't. Can't reboot or shut down any more, but the main problem is MediaPortal doesn't start. Should've checked whether 1.4.0 supported Windows 8.1 but I don't really understand why the developers would purposefully block future OS numbers instead of just having the "unsupported OS" message but oh well, lesson learned. :(

Where exactly in the database do the tuner names need changing for Custom Data Grabber to recognise them both? I had a similar issue with MDAPI because it would use the tuner names to uniquely identify them. Of course, they were the same, so I needed to do some manual tweaking to get it to work with both of them. It's a bit weird that Custom Data Grabber now has the same problem when it didn't before...

Just poked around in the database and its the "cards" table that needs to be changed - all i did was add an A and a B to the end of the tuners names and that seems to have done the trick as the grabber is now seeing them both.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu Just got my server system back up and running after a long drawn out rebuild process. What's the best SQL server to use, MySQL or MSSQL? I was getting continuity errors and other problems with the database before so want to check before I install.

Chris

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    So, I've got the new version of the plugin working now after DJBlu's advice about deleting the old settings, and it didn't solve my initial problem (not playing nice with my ASTRA 28.2 / ASTRA 19.2 DISEQC setup) but that's not the main problem right now.

The main problem now is that I can't get the updates to schedule automatically like I had them before (manual grabs work fine). I have PowerScheduler set to wake at 3.00am (actually it wakes 60 seconds before that) for EPG grabbing and the same time set in the plugin's Schedule tab. This always worked before and retrived the SKY epg and the DVB EPG for a numbe of German stations on ASTRA 19.2 at the same time without any issue.

Now I don't see any mention of SKYEPG in the TV Service logs even if I completely disable all the channels in the DVB EPG list .. it just wakes up at 3.00 and goes to sleep again at 3.05 after having done nothing at all. I tried enabling the SKY EPG Grabber channel in the Radio section of the DVB EPG but no dice either.

I must say I'm a bit confused as to how exactly the SKY EPG Grabber works in combiation with the existing PowerScheduler and DVB EPG settings and how it's influende by them so I'm kind of working in the dark here to find what's happening. I'm resigned now to manually running the grab every morning at 9am which works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom