Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (6 Viewers)

rich76

Portal Pro
December 3, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The cork, not really a answer but just sonething I have noticed. I have some schedules set to record which don't have the marker to show set for record a day or 2 before. But on the day and sometimes only minutes before it starts recording has the marker shown. I'm not sure when the server checks the EPG data for scheduled programs, maybe someone else can answer that? But I'm guessing until tvserver checks the EPG data for the program info it won't scheduled it.
Hope that makes sense anyway.

Rich

Thecork

Portal Member
May 6, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Thanks rich i'll take a look at that too. Annoyingly some thing it just appears random. With Hollyoaks, it is on every night on e4 at 7pm, if i look at this weeks (I haven't yet but was like it last week), maybe 3 or 4 of the 5 are showing as red in the guide ready to record (but they are all showing in the list of scheduled episodes), not all 5, but all 5 will record no problem. Bloody weird lol.

AlunS

Portal Pro
October 28, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I get the same thing on my system. The red 'blob' disappears both on the EPG and on the Scheduled Recordings list, but the episode records perfectly OK and the red blob makes a reappearance while recording. It worried me at first and I'd delete and recreate recording schedules just to make sure, but I've stopped worrying any more as it seems to work, red blob or not.

Thecork

Portal Member
May 6, 2012
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Glad to know its not just me. Its more the wife nagging saying...are you sure you've set this crap program or that crap program to record, it doesn't say its recording...would be nice to know why it happens though. As you say though, they record no problem so you'd think she'd be happy :)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
Ian, and everybody,

I have just posted a feature request for the integration of DJ Blu's SVN code stuff into the main MP body.

Could all of you users of this great plugin show some support by posting / liking / agreeing with the post I have created here?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...abber-and-plugins-integration-into-mp.123778/

DJBlu, sorry if I'm stealing your thunder, but I know you have previously submitted your code patches and it came to nought. I'm hoping that a bit of democracy and people power can push this awesome work of yours forward and reduce the strain on you in constantly pushing out these new SVN's. Please reply to that link above! :)

Thanks
ay129

By the way, if anyone has the latest source for djBlu's plugin (including both SVN's), could you please post in the thread above so the devs can have a look?

cheers,
ay129[DOUBLEPOST=1389214211][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's been a while since I left the UK and I was using Sky anyway, but does freesat have groups? Do any of the FTA providers use groups? Certainly freeview in NZ is not grouped and this is based on the UK spec. Channel numbers and ordering is done automatically in TVE3 and this has been expanded on in 3.5.

There is some very good stuff in the work here, I'm especially keen on the auto scan - add / delete channels bit... The devs are already wanting to make the TV Engine rival an STB so this stuff is coming at some point but there are only a small number of developers working on the tv side of things and with TVE3 under feature freeze that would mean all focus on a new engine. Remember just because you're not part of the dev team that you can't write code and see if they'll use it.

My household is proud to not own a set top box - Mediaportal and the custom data grabber just totally boss our TV needs. If the intention really is for STB like functionality, it would be folly to throw away the work that djBlu has done on this in favour of reinventing the wheel

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If the intention really is for STB like functionality, it would be folly to throw away the work that djBlu has done on this in favour of reinventing the wheel
    Not quite, the developers are looking at a very robust approach to data grabbing and while this is damn good, the feedback I've had while promoting this is that it is very IO intensive during the channel scan and uses TSWriter in a way that wasn't intended and has the potential for issues. As I said, there are a small number of devs working on the engine and I believe that TVE3.5 is different to 3 anyway so the code may not be able to be used easily anyhow.

In summary, I'd imagine there is very little chance of this appearing in TVE3 and TVE3.5 may require a re-write of the code. Deosn't mean I won't stop asking MM and others as the principle is sound.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Wasn't djblu already in the process of a rework, using epg collector to grab the guide/channel data and import via that

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What do you mean in the process of a rework? As far as this thread goes, the custom data grabber can do what EPGcollector is able to but using the inbuilt grabber (which works well with TBS cards that do not allow 2 programs to share tuners).... I haven't seen anything from him recently that suggests that unless I've missed something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom