Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
April 25, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey all, I have just upgraded to the 1.6 version. I can't get the manual config option to work in TVSetup. Is this a known issue ?
yes this is normal. Once the custom data grabber and custom mp are installed, the manual control tab no longer opens... has been like this since 1.3 at least.

Righto, at least I am not going insane ! Is this the same with the stress test ? Anything else in the Vanilla build that doesn't work ?

Cheers.

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am still getting an empty guide. Did a clean install of 1.6 and whine pressing scan manually it works great - but despite being tickets to run every 3 hours it doesn't so I have to do a manual at least once a week to keep the guide filled.

I tried unchecking the setting saving and rechecking but it's still not running itself.

I am running a tv server only with multiple remote clients rather than a client server system but ha never had a problem before this clean install with the plugin scanning itself every few hours.

Anything that could be stopping it from working that I have missed?

Thanks

Gizmozo

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey all, does anyone know if The TV Guide functionality on Webmediaportal is broken when used with the EPG Grabber version ? It isn't working for me (string of errors) on ver 1.6 but can't seem to find anything to say if it is supported or not ? Cheers

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using 1.4.0.4 - pretty sure this was the one I used in 1.5 and it worked there - I normally keep it on the default of every 3 hours and this worked I never used the day/time settings.

I have changed to every 24 hours so will check in a couple of days to see if it's now working.

AlunS - what version are you using that works properly?

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I'm using 1.4.0.1 on Mediaportal 1.4. I want to upgrade to MePo 1.6, but what I've been reading here is putting me off. What I have now is reasonably stable, and I don't want to break it.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

Sorry to bug you, did you update the NZ plugin? I thought I saw a new version listed but only the old one is downloadble? The plugin is still not categorising the kids channels correctly, adding new FTA channels on every scan and the default polarity is wrong.

Also, are you able to release the source code for the various plugins (minus the dictionaries of course as they are copyrighted...).

Chris

mayoman

Portal Member
    December 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I think this issue is more to do with my rather flaky tuner (TeVii S471), but I wonder if anyone can help.
    The tuner is stable in Mediaportal since I increased the timeouts in the General/scan tab of the backend. However I think the Sky EPG grabber uses the default timeouts, as any new channels the SKY-UK grabber picks up more often than not need to be rescanned the standard way in order to be picked up properly. Of more annoyance is the fact that the EPG update process seems to randomly drop channels from the custom "Favourite" group I have setup. Without disabling the ability of the grabber to move/setup new channels per Sky's changes, does anyone know of a get-around for this? e.g. change the grabber's timeouts or a better way to lock channels into Custom groups?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't think it is possible really, you can do a search for channels and allow the plugin to group and then disable the group/region settings in the plugin options and then add your own, but you won't get channels moving and adding as the Sky move them around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom