Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry @Benoire I don't think you've really understood my question. When I say I ditched MediaPortal, I mean it's not even install on my system. Now that Media Centre is having issues after the latest round of channel changes i thought it might be a good time to look at MePo again and how it's going. The UK plugin with series link is something that I need otherwise I would just install basic 1.8 but in my experience with past builds of this plugin, nothing is ever simple. It would run for days, something's weeks, and then completely lose the plot and scramble the TV database, lose the epg, refuse to change channels etc and I'd have to start all over again.

For me to successfully return to MePo I need to know what the most stable version of the UK plugin is and how to set it up otherwise I will just scrap the HTPC idea and just get a standard STB instead.

Hope that makes things clearer?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and yes. I am surprised though as I've had months of stable use from it. I use a server/client setup with the plugin running on an every x hours setup but its always been ok.

If anyone else is looking at this post from the UK can you please share your current experiences with the software?

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    For me here in the UK, and my Dad and my brother we all use the Sky Plugin to essentially recieve a FreeSat service and the plugin works absolutely spot on for all of us. All our machines now run MP 1.8 and everything is perfect.

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Working fine for me. We uploaded a standalone 1.8 version with the Sky stuff included which you should just be able to install without having to mess around with DLLs etc. It's been working flawlessly for me and I haven't had time to meddle and tinker with it. That's probably why it's been working so well actually.

The only install path that currently doesn't work is to install the 'vanilla' MP 1.8 from the MP website then install the modified 1.8 over the top. Although that can be quickly fixed with a couple of lines of SQL.

I see there's a 1.9 in the pipeline - @Benoire are you planning to merge and release this? I don't mind having another go otherwise, I was kind of half way through updating the SQL a bit to handle all upgrade paths. Let me know. Afraid I've been pretty unwell recently and haven't had the energy to look at the code.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @ears I might, depends if I have time. I'm going away for a month starting early September so if it is released after then, then definnately won't be able. to be honest, I'm snowed under with work at the moment and don't have much time. my systems are in pieces awaiting new bits (migrating storage to unRAID) and so I do not have access to any development machines. Would be easier if you merge at this point. Once I'm back from the UK I will start back on the plugins and updating them.

Chris

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    For some reason my TV server isn't waking up for recordings sometimes. I notice that PowerScheduler++ isn't included, why is that? Is the included version of PowerScheduler meant to replace it?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

The "external" PowerScheduler++ plugin got merged into MePo core, as such you don't need the plugin anymore (you obviously still need to configure PS/etc)

J.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    OK cool. There must be something weird going on then I'll have a look. I'm not entirely sure yet but it might only be the recordings set via "record series" that the PC isn't waking up for.

EDIT: OK it looks like Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service somehow turned itself on and was preventing sleep. Will keep an eye on whether it wakes up correctly for recordings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom