Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (5 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't comment on the code itself as its all DJBlu's work. If you pull apart the latest DLL you have from him, you'll see it is pretty much similar except in places where I had to grab some previous code and make it work.

As part of the continuous improvement to the plugins, we will shift them to C# and I hope that will make them more aligned with MP.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well if it's going to be rewritten to be more aligned with the main MP code I guess that makes sense, but personally I prefer VB.NET to C#.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    VB.Net is easier, there is no doubt for me but if we are to keep this system alive within TVE3.5 as a native build rather than a mod I personally believe we need to align with the main MP code better so it can be integrated easier and then solve how the custom data grabber he transponder information so it is less IO intensive.

Anywho, I've got my main Xenserver back up running after catastrophic meltdown last week so should be back with VS next week to try and make changes to the plugins!

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    Hi @ay129 happy to but need to know what your situation is, so it doesn't screw anything up - what upgrade path has led you to where you are?

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    @ears thanks for the message. Yes, I upgraded from 1.7.1 hotfix to 1.8.0. Reading previous posts I see that because I am on 1.8.0 I can't just run your installer and will need SQL tweaks as well.

Hi @ay129 happy to but need to know what your situation is, so it doesn't screw anything up - what upgrade path has led you to where you are?

ears

Portal Member
    October 7, 2008
    True! You can run the installer, you'll just need to do the SQL tweaks afterwards. Are you comfortable with running a couple of MySQL queries against the database?

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    I have No problems running some SQL on the database and know how to do this. I Just don't have the script or knowledge of what updates are needed
    True! You can run the installer, you'll just need to do the SQL tweaks afterwards. Are you comfortable with running a couple of MySQL queries against the database?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Do we have any updates on this? I installed it on a completely fresh system over the weekend and it wouldn't even grab the epg feed. This is a vital part of the system that needs to work imo as it provides a lot more functionality than standard mepo on its own. I mean, if standard mepo had series link then this plugin would be dead in the water but until that happens, we need this to work reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom