Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu the [[00]] etc. is not some form of channel grouping is it or is it likely to be extra characters that need discarding?

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    Good to see the update. :)

I've been on 1.3 for a while now and a few minor problems with the grabber seemed to be mounting up:

#1 duplicate channel scans so I had over 4k channels - many of them the "channel 4" group channels.
    #2 Many channels losing their epg data and becoming "channel #10000" - sometimes the channel was still available to watch without the epg, sometimes not.

I upgraded to 1.4 and installed the new grabber files last night with no install problems, but the "channel #10000" problem was still there initially. I dropped the database and that seemed to sort it apart for one very minor problem - I'm in the North West and there was no ITV1 HD in the Entertainment category. Four versions of ITV1 HD had been grabbed and by looking at the regional news schedules I could see the Granada version was there - labelled as channel #10000! I manually added it to Entertainment, but then it was auto removed again on the next scan due to "it not being in this region". Obviously it was easy to fix by turning off region sorting, but there seems to be something going on there.

Really happy to have the tweaks from 1.4 as well as the new grabber. Logo grabbing will be missed if it doesn't return as it was a cool thing to have, but I think most people would prefer improved stability instead, as it's really not a problem to get the logos from elsewhere.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @spacemanc I'm in the North West too, and my ITV HD was added just fine, and just the once. So I have no idea what is different with your setup!

I haven't noticed any issues at all so far with 1.4 - but then I didn't have any with 1.3 either other than the channel grouping issue which was due to a change by Sky.

EDIT : note that it is ITV HD, not ITV1 HD btw...

Last edited:

AScott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AScott,

The plugin does actually work in New Zealand, except the channel groups and the program titles have 4 leading characters [00] or similar. Try and you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Thanks Benoire, I will give it a try in the weekend. I currently use EPG Collector for both Freeview and Sky Channels, which works well, but doesn't have the Series Link functionality, which is why I am keen to try this out. Hope it works!

Cheers,
    AScott

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    AScott,

The plugin does actually work in New Zealand, except the channel groups and the program titles have 4 leading characters [00] or similar. Try and you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Thanks Benoire, I will give it a try in the weekend. I currently use EPG Collector for both Freeview and Sky Channels, which works well, but doesn't have the Series Link functionality, which is why I am keen to try this out. Hope it works!

Cheers,
    AScott
    Just remember that the titles will look like the screen shot I posted and it will not be able to pick up channel numbers due to the different pmt for the Sky NZ channels so don't be disappointed. It will however pick up all the HD channel EPGs correctly so you don't have to map HD to SD channels and series link will work fine too.

spacemanc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2011
    @spacemanc I'm in the North West too, and my ITV HD was added just fine, and just the once. So I have no idea what is different with your setup!

I haven't noticed any issues at all so far with 1.4 - but then I didn't have any with 1.3 either other than the channel grouping issue which was due to a change by Sky.

EDIT : note that it is ITV HD, not ITV1 HD btw...

Strange, I've no idea what could cause it but from what I've read I'm not the only one getting this problem with channels becoming channel #10000. I have a feeling that if I dropped the database again and reran the grabber, then ITV HD would be there, but some other channel would have the same problem - it's not a big enough problem to make me want to resort my channels again though!

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Oh.. By the way, I didn't upgrade. I did a complete Mediaportal uninstall and reinstalled and configured from fresh this time.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    @DJBlu the [[00]] etc. is not some form of channel grouping is it or is it likely to be extra characters that need discarding?

This is the category of the program. What I am looking for is the Channel Categories.

Cool :) I always thought that stuff was just rubbish, shows what I know!

I have uploaded a dedicated Sky NZ version on page 1. It won't group the channels into categories(still working on this) but it will remove the [[00]] data.

Can you try it and let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom