Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's in VB, its all DJBlu's work, I'm just going through it to make it compatible with NZ again, add in the kids channel groups and to try and fix the duplicate FTA channels. Eventually I'd like to get the actual channel data in EIT format as the full NZ Sky guide is transmitted in that including the box office, mosaic channels plus maybe add support for user created groups that do not get erased by the system so people can add DVB-T FTA channels to their guide if they have multiple tuner classes.

PM away :)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @DJBlu

Hey buddy if you're still around, could do with a little help. I'm trying to establish the missing channel group but I don't seem to be able to find the group identifiers; what did you use to get these groups? Is it the leading four characters [00], [45] etc that defined this, or something else?

Cheers,

Chris

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello guys and girls - I have a problem trying to install @DJBlu 's SVN versions of MP and the TV Server over my fresh install of MP 1.6 FINAL. I get the error "
    a reboot is required after a previous action" as shown in the attached screenshot. Yes, I have tried rebooting and shutting down several times and done a fresh install of windows and MP1.6, but still get this error when trying to install the file Setup-MediaPortal-git-1.6.0.17.exe. I am running Windows 7 64 bit ultimate and also attach some logs. I'm not sure if these logs will capture my installation attempts.

Can anyone at all help? Please?

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      11.2 KB

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @ay129
    When you uninstalled 1.6, did you do a full clean up and delete all the folders that would be left over after a normal uninstall? The reboot required bit will be from one of the MS installations, or perhaps the database...

I presume that when you tried to run the application it won't run at all?[DOUBLEPOST=1396136381][/DOUBLEPOST]Carrying on, you might need to look at reinstalling some of the MS components of the MP install to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, have a look at the windows event log as that might offer more information as according to the MP logs it installed fine.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    @Benoire Right on - I did a full cleanup, but didnt manually delete any folders if that is what I was meant to do?

Can I just check that the MS components are the VC distributables and the MySQL?

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MySQL won't be an issue, but I'd reckon that the VC ones are. Download them from the MS website and reinstall them... That should fix the reboot error. I would however uninstall MP completely and delete all the folders, including the hidden ones in 'programdata' after backing up anything that you want to keep.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    @Benoire - I have just done a complete cleanup reinstall of MP, and have deleted all the folders and, including removing all the VC files as you've suggested. Have rebooted and then installed MP 1.6 final again from scratch, reinstalling the latest VC files from microsoft. No joy on running the SVN's - still get this blasted "a reboot is required" error. Any other ideas at all? Could it be this DirectX thing?

PS Thank you for your help with this - I really appreciate it

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    @Benoire , thanks for the help - 1st birthdays are important!

I have tried every suggestion in every post of that link you provided but still have this error. None of the registry keys mentioned I cant fathom what's going on. Any other ideas are most welcome.

Cheers, ay129

Thecork

Portal Member
    May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hey guys have a quick question. Have recently added sky uk into my setup (was just using this with freesat before). Everything is working great apart from two annoying channels won't update, Sky Movies Modern Greats HD and SBO HD. Anybody got any ideas why or how I can force them to update, every single other channel is updating perfectly, really annoying me :)
    Hey guys, sorry to be a pain but anybody got any tips on how I can force these channels to update, doing ma nut in :) Non HD versions of the channels update no problem as do a few hundred others! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom