Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (3 Viewers)

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@ears I could do with that SQL if you have it. Could you send it to me? Might also help out @Iceman89610 - i will post the instructions here...

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Do we have any updates on this? I installed it on a completely fresh system over the weekend and it wouldn't even grab the epg feed. This is a vital part of the system that needs to work imo as it provides a lot more functionality than standard mepo on its own. I mean, if standard mepo had series link then this plugin would be dead in the water but until that happens, we need this to work reliably.
I had the same problem if you look a few pages back. Try installing MP 1.7.1 then using the Custom Data Grabber 1.8.0 build to upgrade.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
Do we have any updates on this? I installed it on a completely fresh system over the weekend and it wouldn't even grab the epg feed. This is a vital part of the system that needs to work imo as it provides a lot more functionality than standard mepo on its own. I mean, if standard mepo had series link then this plugin would be dead in the water but until that happens, we need this to work reliably.
I had the same problem if you look a few pages back. Try installing MP 1.7.1 then using the Custom Data Grabber 1.8.0 build to upgrade.

Would be nice if there was an easier way to do this. This really is functionality that Mepo should have as standard.

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
@ears, you're a star. Thanks for your help. Back up and running.

Can anyone here help me with a slightly curious thing - I am getting no EPG data for the UK ITV channels (ITV,HD,+1). Any ideas?

ukscarface

Portal Pro
November 18, 2008
It looks like the bouquet groups have changed for SKY UK? Any updates or fixes out there? Thanks in advance! A simply great plugin I just can't live without!!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
What's the latest on this? I need a 100% working system otherwise I'm forced into a Freesat box. I switched to Media Centre for a while but it's just not the same and has now lost ITV Anglia in the latest Sky swap around so I need to find a working solution.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Iceman,

Sorry what is the issue? The 1.8 code seems to be working for me but my plugin is NZ based and so I cannot comment on what is happening in the UK. Can you get a transponder grab from the OpenTV transponder? say 60s?

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    Hi Iceman,

Sorry what is the issue? The 1.8 code seems to be working for me but my plugin is NZ based and so I cannot comment on what is happening in the UK. Can you get a transponder grab from the OpenTV transponder? say 60s?

Not really an issue as such. I ditched mediaportal in favour of media centre a month ago and whilst it works, it's just not mediaportal. With the latest round of Sky changes I've lost ITV Anglia and cannot get if back so decided to look at mediaportal again. I need to know what the latest stable version is because if I go back to software that crashes/loses the database/loses the epg from time to time I will end up scrapping the htpc and getting a freesat box and then something to play my films on which defeats the object of trying to put it all in one unit.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I like mediaportal and this needs to work.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Iceman,

Not really an issue as such. I ditched mediaportal in favour of media centre a month ago and whilst it works, it's just not mediaportal. With the latest round of Sky changes I've lost ITV Anglia and cannot get if back so decided to look at mediaportal again. I need to know what the latest stable version is because if I go back to software that crashes/loses the database/loses the epg from time to time I will end up scrapping the htpc and getting a freesat box and then something to play my films on which defeats the object of trying to put it all in one unit.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I like mediaportal and this needs to work.
    So 1.8 is stable for me but I had to install 1.7.1 first before 1.8 as the database upgrade issue was still there.

Can you describe the database issues? The way the plugins are coded mean that every now and then an event will not fit within the parameters correctly and therefore show as unknown but for the most part that only happens in frequently but the SQL code is as solid as the main MP code as that is what is used. The plugin code simply round-robins each event in to the database one channel at a time until complete.

I can honestly say that the NZ plugin using 1.8 is rock stable (apart from the occasional EPG error due to the way it is hard coded. This is something I want to change when I have the chance!), and the UK one uses the same code base. Can you get me a 60s transponder dump on the OpenTV frequency so I can have a look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom