Custom Data Grabber with Sky EPG Grabber for 1.16 onwards (1 Viewer)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any chance of having a 1.18 version compiled?
    Yes that would be great were a bit behind now with media portal and media portal 2 is no good from trying it. Media portal 1 all the way.
    Added 1.18 build to 1st post ;). As usual, use at your own risk - you shouldn't expect any official support nor can I guarantee I can give any.

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Added 1.18 build to 1st post ;). As usual, use at your own risk - you shouldn't expect any official support nor can I guarantee I can give any.

Fantastic, I will try upgrading my main machine tomorrow and see how I get on.

Brownard, can I ask, is it straight forward and entirely possible for me to compile these builds myself should there be any time you are not around to do this for us?

I can follow instructions very well, worked in IT for many years but never done any dev or coding so that means very little to me but know my way around computers and Windows very well.

I know a few months ago you did say you would also look into compiling this into MP2.1, did you get anywhere with that?

Thanks

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Brownard, can I ask, is it straight forward and entirely possible for me to compile these builds myself
    The trickiest part is getting the development environment set up, there are quite a few tools and development SDKs that you need, you also need a reasonable knowledge of Git (to obtain and merge the code) and Visual Studio (to compile it). The starting point would be to get to the stage where you can compile MediaPortal yourself from source code. There are some instructions in the Wiki here, however these assume that you have an existing understanding of the concepts involved.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    We may have a bigger problem here ... an attempted EPG grab this morning resulted in "Error occured:- No PMT Found". The grabber successfully locks on to the signal, no problem, but can't locate the EPG data.

A quick look at the transponder with TransEdit reveals that the PMT 256 (0x100) and SID of 4152 are no longer present. There is EPG data under a PMT of 86 (0x56) and an SID of 4189, but changing the parameters in the appropriate Radio Channel and also in the grabber settings results in "No Video/Audio" found.

It looks suspiciously like Sky have changed something as per 1/1/2018. Any ideas on how to proceed? Screen capture from TransEdit below ...

Capture.PNG

Looks like the old "EPG Background Audio" broadcasting under SID 4152 that the plugin was using has been deactivated. It looks like MP needs a radio or tv channel to tune into, hence using the EPG Backgrond Audio channel, but once tuned in to this, retrieves the EPG data from another part of the stream.

Attached also, a section of the TV Server log from this morning where the grab failed.

Attachments

• tv server log.txt
      28.6 KB
    Last edited:

Adam86

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2012
    Home Country
    We may have a bigger problem here ... an attempted EPG grab this morning resulted in "Error occured:- No PMT Found". The grabber successfully locks on to the signal, no problem, but can't locate the EPG data.

A quick look at the transponder with TransEdit reveals that the PMT 256 (0x100) and SID of 4152 are no longer present. There is EPG data under a PMT of 86 (0x56) and an SID of 4189, but changing the parameters in the appropriate Radio Channel and also in the grabber settings results in "No Video/Audio" found.

It looks suspiciously like Sky have changed something as per 1/1/2018. Any ideas on how to proceed? Screen capture from TransEdit below ...

View attachment 195054

Looks like the old "EPG Background Audio" broadcasting under SID 4152 that the plugin was using has been deactivated.

Oh dear this isn't good news to hear, we have three separate MediaPortal installations that make use of the Custom Data Grabber.

If SID 4152 is deactivated and manually changing the details to the ones you have found aren't working then it sounds like we may be a bit stuck?

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Oh dear this isn't good news to hear, we have three separate MediaPortal installations that make use of the Custom Data Grabber.

If SID 4152 is deactivated and manually changing the details to the ones you have found aren't working then it sounds like we may be a bit stuck?

Such a shame if this cannot be fixed this would be the end of freesat on MP.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    EPG Collector seems to be able to download an EPG from the same transponder though, so it looks like something to do with the way the plugin works.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Strange how it's just gone down though after all this time. Has anything changed?

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I've no idea. I just noticed this morning that there were a few gaps in my EPG, so went into TV Server Configuration to do a manual update as that usually fixes it and that was when I got the error message. The scheduled update on 31/12/2017 worked perfectly, so something has changed this morning.

Capture.PNG

On this screen it shows the EPG Background Audio stream as "1 - Not Running", all the others have a status of "4 - Running".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom