Custom Intro Suggestions?? (Play Intro movie before each movie) (1 Viewer)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this is a nice feature,
    BUT, could it be possible that the Custom Intro startet to play, then deamon tool mountet the movie in the background so it was ready mountet when the intro was done?

Now it works like this:
    Playng intro, when its done then deamon tool starts to mount img, and then play movie file.

rgs
    Providers

This is actually something that will be fixed with the new playback code ;)

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've made a custom intro and tried to make MP to play it before a movie. however, when i click the movie, MP pops up a message saying "Unable to play: Intro.mpg Audio codec:"

I've tried to encode in different format, avi, mpg, etc. still got the same message..... and I've tried to put it in the My Video, and it can play fine!

what's wrong????

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    anyone has success with this new feature?? is there a file limitation?? I just couldn't get my intro to play....... (.avi or .wmv or .mpg video file)

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    anyone has success with this new feature?? is there a file limitation?? I just couldn't get my intro to play....... (.avi or .wmv or .mpg video file)

Can MediaPortal play this file alone? Try to play it from "My Videos" and from "Moving Pictures", it might be a problem with the file.

I have an mpeg2 with 5.1 ac3 audio and it plays fine before every movie.

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country

Can MediaPortal play this file alone? Try to play it from "My Videos" and from "Moving Pictures", it might be a problem with the file.

I have an mpeg2 with 5.1 ac3 audio and it plays fine before every movie.

yes, MediaPortal can play the video file fine (from My Video), no problem at all. just when trying to use this Intro feature, it seems like MovingPicture tried to play it, but it display this message "Unable to play: Intro.mpg Audio codec: ", and just skip ahead to play the movie instead.....

I've tried several other video file, same thing......

p.s. tks for the help!

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    yes, MediaPortal can play the video file fine (from My Video), no problem at all. just when trying to use this Intro feature, it seems like MovingPicture tried to play it, but it display this message "Unable to play: Intro.mpg Audio codec: ", and just skip ahead to play the movie instead.....

p.s. tks for the help!

What about Moving Pictures, can it play the file alone? Add the file manually to the database and try playing it.

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country

p.s. tks for the help!

What about Moving Pictures, can it play the file alone? Add the file manually to the database and try playing it.

ok, I guess here's the problem..... I've added the file manual to moving picture, it can play the video fine, but no audio and still displaying the same error message.....

the video file was a raw .avi video + a .ac3 audio track and I used windows movie maker and nero vision to create either a .mpg or a .wmv file to use as an intro.....

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    From what I remember when I added the feature, (and could have been refactored by the core developers), the custom intro logic just uses the g_player provided by Media Portal core. So, it should work as a custom intro if the video file plays in Moving Pictures.

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    when I manually add it into moving picture, it could play the file, but still pops up the same error msg:
    "Unable to play: Intro.wmv"
    "Audio codec: "

what does that mean??

the file plays fine when I put it in My Video w/out no error at all!

p.s. tks again for the help!!

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    and I just don't understand why it plays fine in My Video, but not as Intro from Moving Picture nor from Moving Picture itself.....?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom