CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkaz

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
I've been inactive on here for a while and (once again) cybrmage has been a busy boy and doing some great work!

Grabbed the new version, installed and working in a matter of seconds! - great stuff (once again) :)

Quick one though cybrmage - where do I put the custom font file? (and is it still in the same format as it was some time ago?)

now to get my logitech remote mapped and working...

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Latest CybrDisplay + IR Server Suite (+imon update) is working great!
    Thank you very very much!

However I came across one minor "issue" with the following CybrDisplay settings:

- Enabled: Blank screen on video
    - Enable display on MediaPortal action when playing video

Above works as advertised when using my keyboard and performing an action using a keystroke will effectively enable the display again for the specified time. When i perform an action using the remote however, the display stays blank untill i stop the video.

I can provide logs if you need them but I think this can easily be tracked down/duplicated.

gonzo21

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all, and Cybrmage!

I bought friday a Zalman hD160 PLus Case with the iMon LCD and remote feature.

For the remote, all must be configure, but it's on the right way, but the display, it's a another work :eek:

I test a lot of plugin for the display with MP, i actually hace the 04_20_2008, and i have a problem with it :

I have only one line on the 2 available, and the font is big, i try to put font 7 instead 10, but it's not a good deal.

The plugin of the 11th february works fine, i have two lines with the display, but there's no all the option of the last.

Another thing, the idle message, when i navigate in MP, i can see the level where i am, but the idle message come too fast, i haven't the time to see all, can we make a more long time before to have the idle message?

But it's the good way, that can be very good!!

Two things about the others problemes i can see before :

- MP 1.0 RC1 make the LCD very slow on mine too.
    - I have too the probleme with the USB and the launching of MP (i think it's a window module of MP who make that)

Kinds

think you've choosen the "graphical text" in the plugin options right? With it, only 1 line seems to be possible. Deactivated the graphical text and the 2 lines are there.

WSMaxx

April 26, 2008
    Gonzo21, you're right, when i uncheck this option, my display works fine!
    The last thing, the time before screen who show the idle message ("Mediaportal" on the first line and the time on the second), it's too short.
    I erase the idle entry, but if we can put a time before idle, that's could be better.

Great plug in!
    Next step, ir server suite!

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi CybrMage,

thanks for your efforts. I finally had time to test your plugin with the IOW24-Controller. I am afraid it does not work correctly.

Following problems occur:

1. When I test the display via the setup dialog, it is switched on, then it shows moving horizontal lines for some time, then it is switched off again.

2. When I start MediaPortal, the display is switched on, then it shows moving horizontal lines on two lines of hardly legible text (probably Mediaportal and the time). When I exit MediaPortal, the dispaly is switched off again.

Logs are attached.

Cheers,

Astronaut

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you have time to look into this? i'm greatful for all your help.

I've exhausted all the avenues of exploration of the 3Rsystems displays.... All of the information I have been able to gather on these devices has proved ineffective.... The olnly possibility for any further progress is by obtaining USB logs for the communication between the iMon Manager and the device. If you provide the logs, I'll see if any further progress can be made. (you can find a link to a USB logger ("Bus Hound") earlier in this thread)

The logs don't show any errors.... so at least that is good... I suspect that it is probably a problem with the image manipulation....

If possible... please post a picture of the display while the "test display" function in setup is running...

Bazz3

Portal Member
    November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

The logs don't show any errors.... so at least that is good... I suspect that it is probably a problem with the image manipulation....

If possible... please post a picture of the display while the "test display" function in setup is running...[/QUOTE]

I have (had) the same problem. A temporary solution I found is to change "Brightness" (higher, have mine on 200) and "Contrast" (lower, have mine on 70).

Zappza

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Should you be able to edit the settings for this plugin in MediaPortal it self? Stumbeled upon the settings last night, and if I changed them the plugin was reinitialized the first few times, but not the last, when iMon manager took over.

However, if you shouldn't edit the settings inside MediaPortal, this isn't a problem.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom