CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolcese

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Need help!

I've a Thermaltake Mozart SX case (Soundgraph VFD), Vista Ultimate and MediaPortal 1RC1 Refresh.
iMON Manager version is 7.20.0502 and Firmware version is 0x78

Using the integrated display plugin (External Display) everything works OK but I'm unable to shut the VFD off when shutting down the HTPC

I'm trying to use the CybrDisplay Plugin with no sucess. I disable the external display plugin, enable the CybrDisplay plugin, select "SoundGraph iMON VFD/LCD Plugin V04_24_2008" and when I issue the Test Display, the iMON Driver dies (the icon dissapears) and nothing is shown on the Display.
I've tried with many Advanced options (Use V3 dd, force antec driver to restart, etc) buy the result is always the same.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Jose

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
iMON Manager version is 7.20.0502

Why does everyone INSIST on trying out the latest iMon Manager????
SoundGraph MAY have changed something with the new beta (they have with every other beta so far...) that is causing it to not work...

Firmware version is 0x78

Actually, the firmware version is 0x87...

I issue the Test Display, the iMON Driver dies (the icon dissapears)

The iMon manager dies... that is normal... The plugin can not control the display at the same time as the iMon manager controls the display... the plugin will kill the iMon Manager if the manager is not configured correctly... this is normal...

nothing is shown on the Display.

Have you actually tried to run MediaPortal after configuring the driver??? what does it do??? The "Test Display" function does not always work reliably (no... I don't know why)... It was implimented for my use as a debugging aid... even though the display shows nothing with the "test display" function, the plugin MAY work just fine when actually running MediaPortal.

The configuration log does show the device being detected, and (since you hav the remote function enabled) communication with the device... there are no errors and everything looks ok.

Terriff

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
...Also, can you comment on why the text doesn't seem to be using the top 4 or 5 pixels on the iMON LCD when using graphical text mode and why there is less information in graphical text mode than regular "text" mode?....
Any comments on these questions, Cybrmage? Thanks.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
...Also, can you comment on why the text doesn't seem to be using the top 4 or 5 pixels on the iMON LCD when using graphical text mode and why there is less information in graphical text mode than regular "text" mode?....
Any comments on these questions, Cybrmage? Thanks.

Yep... It's the font you are using... the font reports a size larger than it actually is, and the text-to-graphics rendering relies on the values reported by the font to properly position it within the display area.

ie: (typical font) a font that is 10 pixels high will report that it is 12 pixels high (10 pixels for the font body and 2 pixels for the decenders)... and the text-to-graphics rendering will add one pixel to the top and one to the bottom to provide proper spacing.... but some fonts incorrectly report that they are they are 15 pixels high (13 pixels for font body and for decenders)... hence the excess space at the top of some fonts.

There is less information displayed using graphical text mode because most windows fonts are NOT fixed width... (the "w" takes up more space that the "a"... ) and windows fonts do not use an aspect ratio that is suited for a small display... The font used by the text mode is a 5x7 font and provides two lines x 16 characters on the iMon LCD displays. The windows fonts are wider (and usually taller) so they require more space on the display, and not as many characters fit horizontally on the display.

Also... The default CybrDisplay.xml file is configured for a two line display... If you use the graphical text mode, you most likely are using a font that will only produce a one line display... So all the data that would normally be displayed on the second line will be rendered outside of the display bounds (ie: it doesn't fit onto the display!).. You will need to modify the CybrDisplay.xml file to use only one line.

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
January 30, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
VFD display problem - Silverstone case

HI Cybermage

I am trying again to hopefully get a reason that my display wont work..

I have installed the plugin and many versions before and get the same thing.

I install the plugin and set it to the soundgraph driver and set USB. Then in advanced i set the Imon driver
to be running before and restarted on exit ticks..

The problem is that it will show the HOME or just Media portal not enabled. It doesnot show and changes
when selecting any section etc..

When exiting also sometimes it dont reset and othertimes the imon driver is closed and not running..
IT appears to kill the driver..

Any help on fixing the issue would be good..

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    You have this error in your MP log:

2008-05-07 09:33:20.949304 [Info.][VFD_EQ_Update]: iMONLCDg.VFD_EQ_Update(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION - EXITING! - System.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.1
    at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
    at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandlerCustom..ctor()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.CreateInstance()
    at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.get_Instance()
    at CybrDisplayPlugin.CybrDisplay.GetSystemStatus(SystemStatus& CurrentStatus)
    at CybrDisplayPlugin.Drivers.iMONLCDg.VFD_EQ_Update()

Try disabling the EQ display in the advanced settings. Not a fix, but could be a workaround.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Well... now that you posted the logs, I can help....

You have two issues...

The first issue, as globaldonkey pointed out, is that there is an exception that is being thrown... This is a bug in the MediaPortal VolumeHandler... I have brought it to the attention of the appropriate developer...

This first issue is NOT the main problem... (It will just disable the Equalizer display)

Your second issue is that you are using an iMon HID device.... This device gets reset during MediaPortal startup (it's a bug in the iMon firmware), after the display driver has initialized... You MUST go into the advanced settings and enable the "delay driver initialization" option... (as the iMon HID devices ARE problem USB devices)

jolcese

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Cybrmage,

I REALLY appreciate your help. Thanks!

iMON Manager version is 7.20.0502

Why does everyone INSIST on trying out the latest iMon Manager????
    SoundGraph MAY have changed something with the new beta (they have with every other beta so far...) that is causing it to not work...

Well... I lost my CD and downloaded the latest version. BTW, 7.20.0502 is release and not beta... Anyway, do you suggest using 6.01.0122?

Firmware version is 0x78

Actually, the firmware version is 0x87...

Absolutely right. My bad!. Does this version means I have an older or newer display?

I issue the Test Display, the iMON Driver dies (the icon dissapears)

The iMon manager dies... that is normal... The plugin can not control the display at the same time as the iMon manager controls the display... the plugin will kill the iMon Manager if the manager is not configured correctly... this is normal...

Ok, but even selecting restart the iMon Manager on exit does not work.

nothing is shown on the Display.

Have you actually tried to run MediaPortal after configuring the driver??? what does it do??? The "Test Display" function does not always work reliably (no... I don't know why)... It was implimented for my use as a debugging aid... even though the display shows nothing with the "test display" function, the plugin MAY work just fine when actually running MediaPortal.

The configuration log does show the device being detected, and (since you hav the remote function enabled) communication with the device... there are no errors and everything looks ok.
    After running MediaPortal, the display sometimes shows weird characters (^$@#&) but the remote does not work...

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    BTW, 7.20.0502 is release and not beta...

SoundGraph may call it a "release" version... but, trust me, all they have done is shift the beta testing process to their customers!!

Anyway, do you suggest using 6.01.0122?

I used to suggest using the latest release of v6 that was distributed by the manufacturer of your case... (because, with the v7 your remote will not work properly with FrontView turned off)... but, I now recommand that you do not use the iMon Manager at all...

I recommend that you use the IR Server Suite by and-81. It now has support for the iMon remotes, and co-exists with the display driver without any issues.
    (You still need to have a version of iMon Manager installed... any version... the sg_vfd.dll is still neede to communicate with the display!, so DO NOT uninstall iMon Manager... just configure your system so that it does not run on startup, and disable the iMon Manager options in the display driver)

Does this version means I have an older or newer display?

It means you have the older, non-HID, version of the display.

Ok, but even selecting restart the iMon Manager on exit does not work.

I'll need the mediaportal log to diagnose this...

After running MediaPortal, the display sometimes shows weird characters (^$@#&) but the remote does not work...

But... what happens when MediaPortal is running??? Does the display work? does it display information??? The weird characters are usually associated with the EQ display... If you don't limit the EQ display update rate it can cause the device to malfunction.

Please post your mediaportal.log

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Well... now that you posted the logs, I can help....

You have two issues...

The first issue, as globaldonkey pointed out, is that there is an exception that is being thrown... This is a bug in the MediaPortal VolumeHandler... I have brought it to the attention of the appropriate developer...

This first issue is NOT the main problem... (It will just disable the Equalizer display)

Your second issue is that you are using an iMon HID device.... This device gets reset during MediaPortal startup (it's a bug in the iMon firmware), after the display driver has initialized... You MUST go into the advanced settings and enable the "delay driver initialization" option... (as the iMon HID devices ARE problem USB devices)

HI Cybermage

Thank you on your reply

I did try to disable the Equalizer and i did turn on the option for problem devices which i have done many time before.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the Imon software but still have the issue that i get Home dislayed and it does not change. I also not that the Imon software gets killed off..

I attached new set of logs.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom