CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'd like to try the newer patched version (May 14) but didn't find link to it anywhere in recent cybrmag's posts to this thread. May I ask you to share the link to it?
    It seems that I have been talking nonsense since I am using the 05/08 version as well. My comments about testing versions related to Cybrmage's support of And-81's IR Server Suite only. Sorry for any confusion caused.

However, I do have a SilverStone LC16M case with VFD, possibly the same hardware as you, and my display is fully working. I am attaching my own MP log for your information and comparison.

Regards

MosesUK

April 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Cybrmage,

Hopefully a simple question as despite reading as much as poss am unable to find the answer. I am running RC1 on Vista 32bit with an LCDhype irtrans 1.1 display (origenae vf210).

When using the external display plugin all works well but when I try Cybrdisplay I get no change to the display. Am I missing something obvious or is this not supported?

Many thanks in advance!!

Apologies for not attaching the logs as I have no immediate access to the system. If required will attach as soon as I can.

Regards

Moses

radosch

Portal Member
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I gave it another try and noted exact times when my display changed.
    Then I checked the logs and found out that the display changes immediately whenever CybrDisplay plugin kicks off the "Sending lines to display" procedure - timestamps in the log matched my timestamps taken while I had watched the display.
    So the delay is not introduced by the display or its driver.

Rather, it seems to be MediaPortal/CybrDisplay issue. Based on the logs, it looks like CybrDisplay plugin polls status every ~33 seconds or so:

Code:
    2008-05-27 20:59:44.712333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:00:17.039333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:00:49.369333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:01:21.709333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.

Obviously, this way the display can be updated only twice in a minute, which is not acceptable.

Has anyone observed such behavior as well?
    Can it be fixed by changing some configuration setting?

[I have installed the latest MediaPortal 1.0RC1, rev: 19158 and the latest CybrDisplay plugin (05/08).
    I have SilverStone case with SoundGraph iMON display (VFD connected via USB).]

:cool: SOLVED! :cool:

The lazy updates of the display were caused by my TVService being stopped.
    Since I started the TVService my display has been working like a charm :D

I suspect MediaPortal periodically tries to connect to the TVService on the same thread as used by CybrDisplay - those ~33 second delays in display update were most likely caused by MP waiting until the connection fails due to timeout...

Anyway, it works now.
    Should anyone experience the same behavior (e.g. KristianK), check your TVService and make sure it is started.

KristianK

May 24, 2008
    The solution also worked for we! I deinstalled the TV-Service (not using it at the moment) and it also works like a charm :D

Thanks radosch!!!

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: latest SVN of 1.0 RC
    MediaPortal Version: latest SVN of 1.0 RC
    MediaPortal Skin: Monocrome 2.0
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350
    HDD: Samsung 500GB
    Memory: 2x 1GB Aenion
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: ATI HD 2600
    Video Card Driver: 8.5
    Sound Card: onboard Realtek
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver: don't know
    1. TV Card: KNC DVB-C plus
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.9.10.414
    2. TV Card: KNC DVB-C plus
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.9.10.414
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Video Decoder
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: AC3 Filter
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD 8
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel Deutschland
    HTPC Case: Silverstone
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: iMon
    TV: Pioneer 506-XDE
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I've a iMON VFD which is reported as 0x36xx Version. Autodetect does not work - but it works with manual setting to VFD.

BUT - if the Display is active via your plugin - the iMON Pad Remote is not working anymore :-( what can i do?

radosch

Portal Member
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 (19158)
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: Vista 32bit, SP1
    CPU Type: AMD BE-2350
    HDD: Samsung 500GB
    Memory: 2GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: Integrated ATI Radeon 3200 HD
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Realtek (on-board)
    Sound Card AC3: optical out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: DigitalEverywhere, FloppyDTV-S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.7
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: SilverStone LC-16M
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: iMON
    TV: Toshiba 42Z3030D

Yep, I have the very same problem as disaster123.

After I found the reason why the display was lazy-updated (see my earlier posts) I got another one - when CybrDisplay is enabled, my VFD display works but my iMON remote doesn't.
    On the other hand, when CybrDisplay is disabled, VFD display is blank in MP but iMON remote works!

So it's one or the other :(. I believe there must be some way how to make the remote work in MediaPortal when CybrDisplay is enabled...

Any ideas?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mhm is there no real solution? I think it is not a solution at all to do some manual things. Frontview is working so normally all other software should also? or not?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello disaster123,

is there no real solution? I think it is not a solution at all to do some manual things
    Please read the whole thread from the very beginning. It is a long one but very instructive and will avoid repeating information. Reference is also made to the And-81 IR Server Suite (discussed in a separate thread), which will eventually allow the full use of the iMon Pad within MP. Aaron is working on it.

The SoundGraph software does of course work with the VFD, however, it is certainly not an example of good programming practice since there is no defined API that would allow the use of 3rd party software. Cybrmage has done a great job on the display and has spent endless hours to incorporate the pad. Again, it is all detailed in this thread.

Best regards, Johannes

P.S.: In case you would like further input send me a PN

lithiumc

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Failed to allocate msasstate assembly...

Can anyone help me here? I keep getting this error when trying to launch the config for CybrDisplay on the RC1+Snapshots builds. It used to work fine in the SVN build but I had no idea what is causing this now. Logs doesn't show anything either.

Using iMon Ultrabay on Vista x86 with UAC (the OEM Sliverstone GD01 casing). And yes... it is a fresh installation.

TV-Server Version: none
    MediaPortal Version: rc1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: default
    Windows Version: vista ultimate
    CPU Type: e6550
    HDD: Segate 500Gb
    Memory: 2gb
    Motherboard: ASUS P5VM -HDMI
    Video Card: Onboard
    Video Card Driver: Intel
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:

HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Air
    Remote: Harmony

I am recieving the same error the user above has. I had this working fine before with 0.2.3, anyhow cybrdisplay plugin does not seem to work. This error only comes up when I try to left click and select configuration. I thought it might be because I was not using IR server so I installed and followed the following instructions:

IR Server Suite to resolve Remote Control Problems - My Home Theater PC Project

I also run imon manager and told it never to control vfd, and ran msconfig and disabled autostart for imon.

After all that I still recieved the error.

After googling for a bit I noticed people mentioning that MCE SDK was necessary, this too did not seem to solve my problems. Any hints or help would be appreciated.

here is the log file and error screen shot. Oh the version use to be 6.00 before I installed the sdk, don't know what happened?

Attachments

• error.gif
      error.gif
      7.6 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom