CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountZer0

Portal Pro
March 16, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I have a little problem with my display. I got an antec fusion case with a LCD-Display, have downloaded the Cyberdisplay plugin and the Imon Soundgraph manager. I get it to work but when I use My TV something strange happens. For some reason when i switch channels it shows the new channel for 5-10 seconds then it goes back to showing the last channel i watched even though Im watching another channel. Is this a know issue or should it be like this?

Kind regards
Håkan

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    CyberMage,

everything works really fine and rock stable here, :Dagain for your so good work.

The Team recently fixed a OnDeviceLost issue with HDMI/DVI pannels. Once this happen you plugin crash as you can see in the attached log.

Hope you can fix also this small issue :p

Simone

radosch

Portal Member
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Strange behavior - long delays... (iMON VFD)

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with my problem.

I have installed the latest MediaPortal 1.0RC1, rev: 19158 and the latest CybrDisplay plugin (05/08).
    I have SilverStone case with SoundGraph iMON display (VFD connected via USB).

In the CybrDisplay plugin configuration the display seems to work OK. Whent I press the Test Display button - I can see the test message on the display to show almost instantly and disappear after a few seconds.

When I start MediaPortal, however, the display is blank and it takes up to 15-30 seconds (after the main MP menu is shown) to display the default "MediaPortal/HH:MM" message. The display doesn't change when I select different menu items (Videos/Radio/TV, etc.) - it shows the default message all the time.

Sometimes it does change - but it shows context from about 30 seconds ago. In the attached log one can see a message "Videos/Finding.Nemo.mkv". This text appeared ~30 seconds after I selected "Finding.Nemo.mkv" video and I quit the video module already by the time it showed up on the display... :confused:

I don't see any CybrDisplay related errors/warnings in the log - any idea what is wrong?
    Do I have to change some config settings in the plugin setup or iMON Manager?

Thank you for any help.

KristianK

May 24, 2008
    I have exactly the same problem (Mediaportal 1.0.0.1 RC1) but i have an Antec Fusion 430 black with an iMON LCD. I'm not at home at the moment, but i can post a log later.

radosch

Portal Member
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I gave it another try and noted exact times when my display changed.
    Then I checked the logs and found out that the display changes immediately whenever CybrDisplay plugin kicks off the "Sending lines to display" procedure - timestamps in the log matched my timestamps taken while I had watched the display.
    So the delay is not introduced by the display or its driver.

Rather, it seems to be MediaPortal/CybrDisplay issue. Based on the logs, it looks like CybrDisplay plugin polls status every ~33 seconds or so:

Code:
    2008-05-27 20:59:44.712333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:00:17.039333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:00:49.369333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.
    2008-05-27 21:01:21.709333 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): Sending lines to display.

Obviously, this way the display can be updated only twice in a minute, which is not acceptable.

Has anyone observed such behavior as well?
    Can it be fixed by changing some configuration setting?

[I have installed the latest MediaPortal 1.0RC1, rev: 19158 and the latest CybrDisplay plugin (05/08).
    I have SilverStone case with SoundGraph iMON display (VFD connected via USB).]

hercule

May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Question Conflict between Cybrdisplay and imon manager
    TV-Server Version: tv server 3.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 rc1
    MediaPortal Skin: xface
    Windows Version: XP sp3
    CPU Type: athlon X2 3800+
    HDD: Maxtor 300
    Memory: 2 Go ddrII
    Motherboard: Asus M2N
    Video Card: MSI 8600gts
    Video Card Driver: 174.74
    Sound Card: ac97
    HTPC Case: Thermaltake Mozart VFD hid OEM 6.20
    Remote: IMON pad
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi ,
    Here is my problem:

When i enable cybrdisplay the vfd works fine ( it shows me MP informations : radio ,MP3 tracks ...) but my remote (imon pad) doesnt work anymore .

If i disable cybrdisplay the vfd only shows me IMONmanager informations and the remote works fine.

And to finish if i turn to "always" FRONTVIEW in Imon manager the vfd shows me alternatively MP an imon and the remote works fine.

Iam using Imon 6.20 and MP 1.0.0.0. rc1
    I think cybrdisplay is one of the les one : 05/05/2008

Please someboby help me , i m going crazy.
    Thanks

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi ,
    Here is my problem:

When i enable cybrdisplay the vfd works fine ( it shows me MP informations : radio ,MP3 tracks ...) but my remote (imon pad) doesnt work anymore .

Thanks

You have the same problem as myself and several others, which is documented in this thread. The only workaround at the moment is to:

1. Start MP in window mode. When MP starts you will notice that it disables frontview (sets it to never)
    2. Enable frontview. You should notice the display go postal as both iMON and cybrdisplay send data to it.
    3. Disable frontview
    4. Return Mediaportal to fullscreen

You should notice that after MP startup and you have enabled / disabled frontview, that the pad is in mouse mode (ie it moves the mouse). This is because when MP starts it queries HID devices through Direct X, and the flaky imon hardware resets. You need to press the mouse / keyboard key twice to get it back into keyboard mode. You may have perhaps noticed this behaviour already, as it has nothing to do with cybrdisplay.

Cybrmage has develop an imon remote driver for IR Server Suite, to replace the imon driver, but it is still early days and I have been unable to get this to work yet.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Radosch,

I have installed the latest MediaPortal 1.0RC1, rev: 19158 and the latest CybrDisplay plugin (05/08).

Cybrmag has posted some patched testing ersions in this thread, I am using the May 14 one. You may want to give these a try as the "original" ones didn't work under all hardware scenarios.

After exchanging some emails with SandCastle who got his iMon Pad working in a different manner I begin to believe that some VFD versions are behaving differently, depending on their individual firmware version. My VFD's version number is 0x36 (pretty old, although I bought the case in January 2008), others report 0x38. SandCastle is using 0x48 and got it working.

1. Start MP in window mode. When MP starts you will notice that it disables frontview (sets it to never)
    2. Enable frontview. You should notice the display go postal as both iMON and cybrdisplay send data to it.
    3. Disable frontview
    This workaround definitely works. I have thought about automating this by using some mouse move recording software that would play the same moves each time the PC is booted. The ingenious Soundgraph software doesn't even have keyboard shortcuts (in which case the automation would have been a matter of a few seconds). Downside is of course that you need to maintain the same MP window location since you need to find the "fullscreen" menu selection on the screen again, which is lacking a keyboard shortcut too (something that could possibly be added by the way).
    Steps 1-4 would then become automatic and the only manual thing left is the single key press on the remote to switch to Keyboard mode. One more thing is that the volume +- cannot be configured as the same codes seem to be used by the general HID receiver settings. These are XP based but can be changed in the registry. You will anyway need to do this to configure any case button to have it perform the action that you want it to have.

For the moment I have plugged in the IR receiver of my Hauppauge TV card and use the Hauppauge 45key remote, which is fully supported by the Cybrmag Display Plugin instead of the iMON Pad. Unfortunately the receiver has no power when the PC is in standby, hence no wakeup is possible with the Hauppauge remote.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

radosch

Portal Member
    January 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello Radosch,

Cybrmag has posted some patched testing ersions in this thread, I am using the May 14 one. You may want to give these a try as the "original" ones didn't work under all hardware scenarios.

After exchanging some emails with SandCastle who got his iMon Pad working in a different manner I begin to believe that some VFD versions are behaving differently, depending on their individual firmware version. My VFD's version number is 0x36 (pretty old, although I bought the case in January 2008), others report 0x38. SandCastle is using 0x48 and got it working.

3. Disable frontview
    This workaround definitely works. I have thought about automating this by using some mouse move recording software that would play the same moves each time the PC is booted. The ingenious Soundgraph software doesn't even have keyboard shortcuts (in which case the automation would have been a matter of a few seconds). Downside is of course that you need to maintain the same MP window location since you need to find the "fullscreen" menu selection on the screen again, which is lacking a keyboard shortcut too (something that could possibly be added by the way).
    Steps 1-4 would then become automatic and the only manual thing left is the single key press on the remote to switch to Keyboard mode. One more thing is that the volume +- cannot be configured as the same codes seem to be used by the general HID receiver settings. These are XP based but can be changed in the registry. You will anyway need to do this to configure any case button to have it perform the action that you want it to have.

For the moment I have plugged in the IR receiver of my Hauppauge TV card and use the Hauppauge 45key remote, which is fully supported by the Cybrmag Display Plugin instead of the iMON Pad. Unfortunately the receiver has no power when the PC is in standby, hence no wakeup is possible with the Hauppauge remote.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the workaround but it didn't help. My display is still updated only every 32 seconds or so...

I'd like to try the newer patched version (May 14) but didn't find link to it anywhere in recent cybrmag's posts to this thread. May I ask you to share the link to it?

Thanks a lot
    Radosch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom