Danish dr.dk epg ripper (1 Viewer)

Hebhansen

March 19, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
where is the channels-tv.xml
3: Open "channels-tv.xml" in a text editor and uncomment the channels that you need.

I dl'ed dr_epg_v0.97.1 2 and it's not included

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
3: Open "channels-tv.xml" in a text editor and uncomment the channels that you need.

Run the java program (webReader), which should open a GUI, and select the programs you wish to subscribe to. This should create the file.

Hebhansen

March 19, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

Run the java program (webReader), which should open a GUI, and select the programs you wish to subscribe to. This should create the file.

Thx. Søren

I really need some help here... Still Mac

1) hitting the webreader, created an XML file and I have selected channels to EPG load
2) I have edited runguide.bat and changed the path to my xml, I think/assume
3) Scheduled task for Mac, supposedly I can do this in iCal. Create the event, set to repeat fx. weekly and in notification I chose to run script. I locate Runguide.bat but I can not select this file. It's shaded as are all other files inside xml tv folder. Why?
4) In EyeTV settings in the Guide Tab, I can choose different EPGs. However, this one is not there
5) Will I need to activate the XML for each individual channel in the channels overview
6) When accessing the DVB dropdown to select XML, I don't have any XML to choose from

I am not skilled with Mac - I have never selected external XML for EPG before. Support is most appreciated...

SoerenB

Portal Member
February 20, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thx. Søren

I really need some help here... Still Mac

1) hitting the webreader, created an XML file and I have selected channels to EPG load
2) I have edited runguide.bat and changed the path to my xml, I think/assume
3) Scheduled task for Mac, supposedly I can do this in iCal. Create the event, set to repeat fx. weekly and in notification I chose to run script. I locate Runguide.bat but I can not select this file. It's shaded as are all other files inside xml tv folder. Why?
4) In EyeTV settings in the Guide Tab, I can choose different EPGs. However, this one is not there
5) Will I need to activate the XML for each individual channel in the channels overview
6) When accessing the DVB dropdown to select XML, I don't have any XML to choose from

I am not skilled with Mac - I have never selected external XML for EPG before. Support is most appreciated...

Ok,

I admit the documentation is not exactly up to date.
Here goes:
The first time you execute the webReader will present you with a GUI allowing you to select the channels you wish to subscribe to. This will create the channel-tv.xml.
If you run the program again (now with this file), it will fetch the TV-guide from dr.dk without showing the GUI (so, to select new channels, either delete the channel-tv.xml file or edit it manually). I guess you are with me so far.
The bat file is really a Windows batch file that executes the program. This would explain why it is greyed out on the Mac. Now, you need to translate this .bat into something that will run on a Mac, e.g. a shell script, or scheduled task or something similar, but the basics are the same:
You need to execute the webReader.jar using java, e.g:

java -jar webReader.jar

Could be something like jave -jar /path/to/program/webReader.jar (not the slashes are front slashes). perhaps you don't even need a shell script but may call java directly.

Anyway, it is getting a bit Mac-specific now, so I think I am really not the one you want to ask. It is a Mac-specific question. You could try to get in touch with Kim.t at recordere.dk. Looks like he made it run with eyeTV:
http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=75465&PN=8&title=epg-data-nyt-program-til-download

He mentions a script (and posts a link)

Hope it helps.
Søren

Hebhansen

March 19, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok,

I admit the documentation is not exactly up to date.
Here goes:
The first time you execute the webReader will present you with a GUI allowing you to select the channels you wish to subscribe to. This will create the channel-tv.xml.
If you run the program again (now with this file), it will fetch the TV-guide from dr.dk without showing the GUI (so, to select new channels, either delete the channel-tv.xml file or edit it manually). I guess you are with me so far.
The bat file is really a Windows batch file that executes the program. This would explain why it is greyed out on the Mac. Now, you need to translate this .bat into something that will run on a Mac, e.g. a shell script, or scheduled task or something similar, but the basics are the same:
You need to execute the webReader.jar using java, e.g:

java -jar webReader.jar

Could be something like jave -jar /path/to/program/webReader.jar (not the slashes are front slashes). perhaps you don't even need a shell script but may call java directly.

Anyway, it is getting a bit Mac-specific now, so I think I am really not the one you want to ask. It is a Mac-specific question. You could try to get in touch with Kim.t at recordere.dk. Looks like he made it run with eyeTV:
http://forum.recordere.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=75465&PN=8&title=epg-data-nyt-program-til-download

He mentions a script (and posts a link)

Hope it helps.
Søren

Thx again ... I am checking out your link and the script....

For whatever reason I have these files in my folder
1) channels-tv.xml
2) tvguide.xml

Which one is my actual xml to be used in EyeTV. How do I get EyeTV to locate my XML???

I truly appreciate this EPG and your work, but installation doesn's seem foolproof. A clean-up might save you a lot of questions... Once I sort out the Mac mystery, I will post a working package. I have probs with the scrpt though. Again I am not a script man...

Hebhansen

March 19, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
For Mac (This is Beta)

This zip includes the above package as well as a script to actually update the EPG dynamically and pass it to EyeTV. Currently my EPG is off by one hour due to summertime started two days ago. Don't know yet how to change this.

1) place this inside user/Documents/ folder
2) Browse EPG folder and all folders to the end, Run "webreader.jar"
3) A pop-up window appears - select your channels of interest and save (channels-tv.xml is created)
4) Run Webreader.jar again (tv guide.xml is created)
5) Run "epg tv.scpt" i script tool to check for errors - The script should pass to EyeTV
6) To automate this pack. create an event in iCal - under reminder ask for it to run the scpt file included. Repeat this weekly or dayly as you see fit...
7) In EyeTV go to channels, pic a channel and select xml tv in the DVB drop-down
8) Check that the channel is updated from DR Pull (Different color than the DVB)

As mentioned, I currently have a time issue, one hour off

@Søren/Rune
I kind of miss my old colors that were more distinct for different types of programs. Is there anyway to use the DVB colors in EyeTV??

Attachments

• EPG.zip
    1.4 MB

Screwed

Portal Member
April 10, 2012
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Am I the only one experiencing problems with the epg ripper recently? The size of tvguide.xml have decreased significantly and i'm missing channels and data...

zetus

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Am I the only one experiencing problems with the epg ripper recently? The size of tvguide.xml have decreased significantly and i'm missing channels and data...
Here we go again......:confused:
Same problem here. Just executed the script, and my tvguide.xml is only 1/3 of the 'normal' size !! I have only guide for 1½ day.
/Kenneth

Screwed

Portal Member
April 10, 2012
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have just written an e-mail to the developer, and hoping for response and solution. Nevertheless I think a quick fix isn't possible, but hoping for it, my media center relies on the EPG grabber because of lousy EPG data from stofa over dvb-c....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom