Danish dr.dk epg ripper (3 Viewers)

hjorthen

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great grabber.

But I have a few problems ... TV3 and TV3+ shows tvguide data 2 hours to late, and Discovery 1 hour to late.

On TV3 if some show should be on at 13.00 the guide shows 15.00 ...
How can I fix this?.. I have tried everything, and searched like crazy on this forum ...

Runedj

Portal Member
October 9, 2007
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great grabber.

But I have a few problems ... TV3 and TV3+ shows tvguide data 2 hours to late, and Discovery 1 hour to late.

On TV3 if some show should be on at 13.00 the guide shows 15.00 ...
How can I fix this?.. I have tried everything, and searched like crazy on this forum ...

I have just done a new rip from dr.dk and my guide doesn't have any delays on TV3+.
Have you looked in the tvguide.xml file and verified that the problem isn't in Mediaportal(would be strange I admit)?

hjorthen

Portal Member
March 5, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I am new to the Mediaportal, but I haven't changed anything that would only apply to those 3 channels... And in tvguide.xml the timezones is +0000 for all the channels ....

I just noticed that inside Mediaportal in Settings -> My TV -> XMLTV EPG Grabber, TV3 is associated with MTV3 and TV3+ with ITV3+ ...
I can change the associations to TV3 and TV3+ but Mediaportal just changes them back again ...

leroderick

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
dont even know how it works????

is there a guide to getting it to work cause i just clicked the runguide.bat, but there must be more to it than that.

:confused:

Runedj

Portal Member
October 9, 2007
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
is there a guide to getting it to work cause i just clicked the runguide.bat, but there must be more to it than that.

:confused:

Yes, there is a little bit more to it.
I tried to add a guide some weeks ago, but it got lost on the Internet :)
Anyway, I'm going to upload a new version to night, which includes a guide. The channels-tv.xml is going to be changed. If you alter the data-tags for DR1 and DR2, from dk1 and dk2 to WODR1 and WODR2, then you will get a tv-guide which ends with "godnat" every night, hence stopping recordings of the last show, at the correct time.

Rune

First part of guide:(haven't got time to finish it now.)
: Download program.
: Unzip and place the files from the release folder in ..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\
: Open "channels-tv.xml" in a text editor and uncomment the channels that you need.
: Open "runguide.bat" in a text editor and alter the path so it match where you placed the files.
SETTING UP TASKS
: Open scheduled tasks. (start->programs->accessories->system tools->scheduled tasks)
: Create a new task.
: Set the task to run the "runguide.bat", and set "start in:" to the same folder.
: IMPORTANT - The "Run as:" must be a user that has a password. It IS possible to have a password and let windows start without asking for a password.
: In the schedule tab, set the task to run daily at some time. You should not run it between 03:00 and 06:00, because I'm not sure when dr.dk updates their guide.
: In the settings tab, set the checkbox "Wake the computer to run this task".
: Click OK, and the schedule should be set. You can right-click and click run to see if it works.
MEDIAPORTAL
: Open TV-server configuration.
:

Runedj

Portal Member
October 9, 2007
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

OK, seems like my uploads of new versions just disappear, so here is my guide.

A small guide.

1: Download program.
2: Unzip and place the files from the release folder in ..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\
3: Open "channels-tv.xml" in a text editor and uncomment the channels that you need.
4: Open "runguide.bat" in a text editor and alter the path so it match where you placed the files.

SETTING UP TASKS
5: Open scheduled tasks. (start->programs->accessories->system tools->scheduled tasks)
6: Create a new task.
7: Set the task to run the "runguide.bat", and set "start in:" to the same folder.
8: IMPORTANT - The "Run as:" must be a user that has a password. It IS possible to have a password and let windows start without asking for a password.
9: In the schedule tab, set the task to run daily at some time. You should not run it between 03:00 and 06:00, because I'm not sure when dr.dk updates their guide.
10: In the settings tab, set the checkbox "Wake the computer to run this task".
11: Click OK, and the schedule should be set. You can right-click and click run to see if it works.

MEDIAPORTAL
12: Open TV-server configuration.
13: Click on plugins, and put a tick in the checkbox with XmlTv
14: XmlTv should now be an option below Plugins. Select XmlTv.
15: Set the correct path to where the tvguide.xml is stored. Ie. ..\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv\
16: Select the mappings-tab.
17: Click Load/Refresh to load the tvguide. You should now see all the channels below.
18: Correct the mappings if they doesn't fit.
19: Click save and return to the settings-tab.
20: Tick "Apply time zone compensation" and enter -1 in the hours field.
21: Click the "import" button and hopefully you will see that it imports correctly.
22: You're up and running :)

leroderick

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
any way to get it working without tv server cause iam running 0.2.3.0 without it

any way to get it working without tv server cause iam running 0.2.3.0 without it

i have tried correting the path in the bat file but i get the this error messege.

' java ' is not a recognize command

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Runedj

Portal Member
October 9, 2007
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark

i have tried correting the path in the bat file but i get the this error messege.

' java ' is not a recognize command

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have you tried to install java?
Download Free Java Software - Sun Microsystems

Regarding using MP 0.2.3.0 that should not be a problem. Just place the tvguide.xml file in the xmltv folder, and make sure that your channel-names in channel-tv.xml match with the names you have chosen in mediaportal.

Rune

leroderick

Portal Member
May 19, 2008
ok finaly got the grapper to work but.....

ok finaly got the grapper to work, and its real nice.

My problem now is that when i scan for channels in media portal configuration in 0.2.2.3 it finds channels like tv2 zulu and tv3, but when i scan in media portal tv server they are all missing, are there a site, that keeps track of the channel frequency's so i can add them manuel, or is there a something i am missing when i scan for channels in tv server??.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Runedj

Portal Member
October 9, 2007
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
New version comming soon.

Dr.dk has a new database access where the programguide can be downloaded. I'm currently making a version of the dr.dk EPG ripper that will use this instead of ripping the homepage.

I'm almost done. I only need to write a parser then the guide will work again. Should not take more than a couple of hours of work.

Rune Dahl Jørgensen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom