Default audio track not being played? (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I need to look your log again (i'm @ work) but it seems (from quote in previous post) that the video didn't have internal subtitle, so maybe it's an external one ?
    If yes then the subtitle external need to be named correctly like :

Movies.mp4
    Movies.english.srt
    Movies.french.srt

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes some of my movies have external subtitles, but all of them are the exact same name as what the movie files are named, I make sure all of my external subtitles are always the exact same name as the movie file.

But if I go to Config and set it so the first subtitle comes on, then the subtitle appears automatically. If I set it to to come on by preferred language, then it doesn't come on.

My external subtitle files are not named as "english", or have "eng" in the filenames, could that be the problem?
    Because MP is looking for the preferred language of english subtitles, but is only finding "subtitles", it is not choosing them? Would that be correct?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok normally eng or English should works, like movie.eng.srt or movie.english.srt
    More I thinking on it and maybe you are correct.

The fix introduce in 1.13 was tested for sure against internal subtitle.

So maybe a regression is present for external one. I will be able to check that later and I think I know what need to be changed.

Thanks because you surely detected an issue (regression)

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    None of my external subtitles are movie.eng.srt or movie.english.srt, they are all movie.srt, if that helps narrow the problem?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you try to rename to see what happen ?
    If non language writed, then yes mp will not know the language

Dr Forinor

Portal Pro
    December 21, 2015
    Home Country
    OK, my Config settings, "Subtitles to load by preferred language".
    1: First movie subtitle name = firstmovie.eng.srt
    2: Second movie subtitle name = secondmovie.srt

First movie plays subtitles automatically, second movie does not. That makes sense now, thank you so much for your help @Sebastiii :) :) :)

Given that none of my external subtitles are entitled with english/eng, I assume LAV splitter settings will not work for them?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)
    if we didn't tag the subtitle file, we can't know the language :) or this need to have an analyzer to read inside the file and find the language but i don't know if it's possible lol.
    So it's needed to write the language on filename :)

I remember that nevcairiel tell us that it's not the splitter rules to load external subtitle file, it's to the player or subtitle renderer.
    The splitter is here to split internal stream inside a container (audio / video and internal subtitle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom