Default refresh rate not applied when switching directly to different media? (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it correct that when playing tv (even if rtsp), it always uses the tv-settings?
    That's kind of what I read in the code, but for some reason mp won't run if compiled by me, so I can't test for sure
    According to the code, that indeed seems to be the intended way :) but somehow it isn't working (yet/anymore)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought it was just applying the default rate on specific triggers, i.e media stop. The last I noticed, MePo startup wasn't a trigger so if you went directly to TV after starting up, the default rate was whatever your desktop was before mepo started up. Maybe it has evolved since then to just apply to TV Playback start?

I would make more sense to have it as a fallback only when DRR fails to grab a framerate though, because the downside to applying it everywhere is like in the CD1 - CD2 case, the pause between the first file ending the second starting is now increased due to the refresh rate dropping to default and then being negotiated again by DRR (but at least DRR kicks in on subsequent playlist files now).

But hopefully the way of determining the streams framerate as owlsroost suggested will eventually make its way in for RTSP :)

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it correct that when playing tv (even if rtsp), it always uses the tv-settings?
    That's kind of what I read in the code, but for some reason mp won't run if compiled by me, so I can't test for sure

According to the code, that indeed seems to be the intended way :) but somehow it isn't working (yet/anymore)

Found the solution: add
    Code:
     || Util.Utils.IsRTSP(strFile)
    at g_player.cs at line 1288
    so it looks like
    Code:
    		if ((!playingRemoteUrl && Util.Utils.IsVideo(strFile)) || Util.Utils.IsLiveTv(strFile) || Util.Utils.IsRTSP(strFile)) //local video, tv, rtsp

Don't know if this needs a mantis of it's own, or if you can merge it with yours

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, going to try out the 1.4.0 today.. do you feel this is now completely fixed for all usage cases (TV, playlists, etc etc)? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom