Not open for further replies.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can I disable "Latest Youtube videos" infobox? It is always broken and I see it next to my Online Videos page no matter if I disable or enable Latest Media Handler plugin. I tried to reinstall Online Videos plugin, but it didn't help..
    This infobox comes from OnlineVideos and has nothing to do with LMH ;)
    At the moment there is no other solution than going into the BasicHomeInfoRecentlyAdded.xml and delete the complete section "OnlineVideos ;)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you!

Also, how can I get rid of "Recently Added Videos" infobox in My Videos section? It always comes up on one of my machines. Only the text is broken if LMH plugin is disabled. But I just don't want this infobox at all.

How can I disable "Latest Youtube videos" infobox? It is always broken and I see it next to my Online Videos page no matter if I disable or enable Latest Media Handler plugin. I tried to reinstall Online Videos plugin, but it didn't help..
    This infobox comes from OnlineVideos and has nothing to do with LMH ;)
    At the moment there is no other solution than going into the BasicHomeInfoRecentlyAdded.xml and delete the complete section "OnlineVideos ;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tweaking DefaultWide

In the last few days I have been tweaking "DefaultWide" for MP 1.12. One of the changes that I have made is to correct the uncentered text that appears in the "Yes/No" dialogue in English; look at the text for the yes/no buttons in this screenshot:

uncentered_text.png

The XML file for this panel has fixed positions for the text, and I would surmise that the text is centered in some other language. I never noticed this problem with the "Amped" skin, so I looked at the XML mark-up that "Amped" uses, and incorporated that mark-up into the "DefaultWide" XML file. It gives this result:

centered_text.png

Here is a dif file that shows the differences (created using Windows own "fc.exe")

Code:
    Comparing files E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\dialogYesNo.old and E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\DIALOGYESNO.NEW
    ***** E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\dialogYesNo.old
      13:  <posY>415</posY>
      14:  <textXOff>53</textXOff>
      15:  <textYOff>8</textYOff>
      16:  <width>186</width>
    ***** E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\DIALOGYESNO.NEW
      13:  <posY>415</posY>
      14:  <textalign>center</textalign>
      15:  <textYOff>0</textYOff>
      16:  <width>186</width>

***** E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\dialogYesNo.old
      33:  <posY>415</posY>
      34:  <textXOff>56</textXOff>
      35:  <textYOff>8</textYOff>
      36:  <width>186</width>
    ***** E:\STORE\M\MEDIA_PORTAL\PROBLEMS\UNCENTERED_TEXT\DIALOGYESNO.NEW
      33:  <posY>415</posY>
      34:  <textalign>center</textalign>
      35:  <textYOff>0</textYOff>
      36:  <width>186</width>

I have included a zip file containing the old and new XML definitions; I hope that you will be able to incorporate this change into the new "DefaultWide HD" skin. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• uncentered_text.zip
      992 bytes

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,
    with the upcoming release of MP 1.13.0 Pre Release we will deliver DefaultWideHD as standard skin.
    So there is no further need to use this skin DefaultWide HD ;)
    I will not only delete this skin from the skins repository, but also close this thread ;)
    Thanks for all your input helping me to enhance this skin.
    Have fun with the new DefaultWideHD form MP 1.13.0 Pre Release ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Love the Xmas theme but unfortunately there is a problem with Online Vids. The program information highlighted in the first screenshot with Skin Default theme is missing in the second screenshot using the Xmas theme. Hope you can fix it.;)
    olv1.jpg olv2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom