Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it! (1 Viewer)

BMan

Portal Member
August 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
SAF 5.00 installs a newer version of the MPC-HC splitter. I used SAF 5.00 to figure out the problem as the splitter.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is it possible to use the audio-codec from PowerDVD to get TrueHD/DTSHD-support the same way we can use the hd.264-codec?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is it possible to use the audio-codec from PowerDVD to get TrueHD/DTSHD-support the same way we can use the hd.264-codec?

I'm 101% sure that PAP (protected audio path) is one of the requirements for Cyberlink to even be allowed to distribute something that is able to decode / passthru HD audio formats.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yes, but I don't want to output DTSHD yet, I only want to be able to play back mkvs with DTSHD audio channels.

Kosmos

Portal Member
    August 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm currently using SAF 5.00 and I'm having issues on playing .mkv's with DTS-HD -audio. My receiver only supports DTS, so I would like to send the DTS-core only to my receiver via SPDIF, but if I tick the DTS-passthrough from FFDShow audio decoder settings, MediaPortal won't play the file at all. The only way I'm able to play it on MediaPortal is to just decode the audio to stereo, and that is something I don't want to do.

However, I just found out that the MPC-MPA -decoder can bitstream just the DTS-core to my receiver. The only reason I cant use it at the moment is because it has one side effect. After I select MPC-MPA -decoder to be used from MediaPortal, I can't change the audio tracks of my video files anymore! :( Now, I think the audio stream switching with MPC-MPA can be done somehow, but I have no idea where should I start. If anyone can give me any tip how to get audio stream switching working with MPC-MPA decoder, that would be great! Thank you already!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have you tried with Halli instaead of the matroskasplitter that comes with SAF 5?

santal123

Portal Member
    November 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    but if I tick the DTS-passthrough from FFDShow audio decoder settings, MediaPortal won't play the file at all.
    I have the same problem. The funny thing about this is that when I play it in graphstudio with FFDSHOW pass-through DTS. It works OK. Receiver shows DTS (DTS core) input on DTS-HD streams. MePo works only when DTS passthrough is disabled. I can detect no error messages in MePo (1.1.0) logs. Think my Asrock 330ht has no HD audio passthrough support, but i'd be happy with DTS core.
    Update: It works well now when I changed passthrough from spdif to hdmi

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks to the people over at Doom9 we can now use Arcsofts audio decoder from TMT3, thanks to Renethx over at AVSForum for pointing me to this solution.

First grab the two downloads from this post

- Install Windows
    - Install a mkv-splitter
    - Install TMT3
    - Copy checkactivate.dll to c:\program files\arcsoft\totalmedia theatre 3\codec
    - regsvr32 asaudiohd.ax in c:\program files\arcsoft\totalmedia theatre 3\codec
    - Edit Win.ini

At this point I am able to play back DTS MA tracks in WMP.

The wrapper does not seem to work with this asaudiohd.ax in the latest patch .185 and the version of asaudiohd.ax in the OP over at Doom9 does not seem to work either.

deviantv1ral

Portal Member
    October 12, 2010
    i have a 5450 using ffdshow and mpc video decoder

dts/dolby works but when playing dtsma/truehd the system video playback slows down and stutters sometimes it works perfectly

i cant skip ahead and stay stable is this normal for now?

the same happens when playing with mpc-hc

im on a sempron 140 would this be a cause? its at 68% cpu usage while bitstreamin with truehd/dtsma and 20ish on others including dts and dolby bitstream

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom