Definitive DTS-MA/DTHD HD Audio in MP thread... Let's do it! (1 Viewer)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
I've tried that, but it only opens up some other problems for me so I'd prefer to just have the splitter working.

I agree, I tried SAF 5 on a new rebuild and none of my MKV's would play. So I ended up uninstalling SAF and following BMan's instructions for ATI5000 cards and everything is working perfect. An all in one solution would be perfect, I just cant seem to get it to work correctly...

You enabled audio passthrough durning SAF install, right?
Make sure you didnt add anything to MePo postprocessing.

black993

December 28, 2010
Hoping you all can help me get this going.

Right now the only way I have been able to get bitstreaming to work in MP is to use Media Player Classic Home Cinema external player. It works, but I would rather play it natively in MediaPortal. I know how to set it up, but I cannot get MediaPortal to see my FFDShow filters for some reason. Any idea why that might be?

When I installed FFDshow it did create an FFDShow directory in C:\Program Files

Also, if it matters, using the x64 version of FFDShow as that was the only way I could get MPC-HC to see it.

Thanks

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Also, if it matters, using the x64 version of FFDShow as that was the only way I could get MPC-HC to see it.

Since MediaPortal is 32 bit application it cannot use or see 64 bit filters. I guess you are using 64 bit version of MPC-HC.

black993

December 28, 2010

Since MediaPortal is 32 bit application it cannot use or see 64 bit filters. I guess you are using 64 bit version of MPC-HC.

Still cannot get MePo to play anything with DTS-HD.

I've got video, but no audio on anything...

Here are my settings:

I'm about to toss my HTPC out the window if I cant get this fixed soon so looking for some help...

Current setup:
    AMD X2 4200
    Asus A8N-SLI
    Zotac GT430
    Denon AVR-791
    Panasonic S2 50"
    MediaPortal 1.1.2 with SAF 5

I've been round and round trying to get my bitstreaming to work.
    At first I had it set up to bitstream by using MPC-HC as an external player because I couldn't get MP to see FFDshow. Finally got that sorted and then lost the ability to play anything at all in MP natively. Installed SAF5 and now have video but I get absolutely NO audio (HD or otherwise)

I just don't understand what I am missing here. I have audio though everything else on the PC, just not MediaPortal. I can get audio through MPC-HC but it will not bitstream now (thought it was previously)

I have attached my settings for FFDShow and MediaPortal. Appreciate any help, this is about to make me give up on my htpc....

2pyarlk.jpg

35n378i.jpg

ndr3h5.jpg

1e2uf8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom