[solved] Delete Media Files via Context Menu (1 Viewer)

krebbi

Portal Member
November 7, 2013
Freiburg
Germany Germany
Would be great to be able to delete files via the info-menu.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    No delete option.
    Then you haven't defined a user/password in the settings to your network shares. This can be your local user or admin account or a specially created user with limited rights, but sufficient privileges to do a R/W (and delete) access to the shares in question.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Germany Germany
    Then you haven't defined a user/password in the settings to your network shares. This can be your local user or admin account or a specially created user with limited rights, but sufficient privileges to do a R/W (and delete) access to the shares in question.
    I did that. Without I wouldnt be able to access the network share.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I did that.
    Your problem can only occur if the credentials for the shares don't provide deletion privileges - or the client is not correctly connected. Sometimes the network re-initialization i not happening correctly after resume (very typical for Intel drivers).

Please describe your environment a little bit more.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Germany Germany
    Its a synology NAS hosting all the media files.
    a special user only for this mediashare has been created with read/write on the media directories.
    these credentials are in use in mediaportal2.
    there is no user who has only read permission. read/write or nothing.
    when mp2 is able to read files with these credentials, it should be able to delete files as well.

HTPCSourcer

MP2 Product Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 16, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    when mp2 is able to read files with these credentials, it should be able to delete files as well.
    Only if the shares are accessible in Windows network environment when drilling down from "Network". I assume that you defined your shares all down the way from within MP2's setup this way, correct? A "\\share..." that works in Explorer is not enough.

Anyway, please set the log level to DEBUG, restart the MP2 Server service and upload the server.log. What is the behavior for TV recordings? Do you see the delete option there?

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Germany Germany
    After rebooting ALL 5 media computers in the network I'm now able to delete files.
    I don't know how to reproduce the error. :-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    G [solved] How do you delete media in Mediaportal2? General 14
    morpheus_xx Was this spam? I deleted it... Online Facilities 4
    R [solved] Unable to delete single recording General 2
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    R [solved] MP will not delete recordings that are on NAS Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 23
    N [Finished] [MP2-781] Enable one-click deletion of grouped TV recordings MediaPortal 2 70
    G MP 1.21 TVserver race condition when cant delete recording triggered by episode management General Support 0
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    N [solved] Cannot delete recordings from remote client MediaPortal 2 32
    R Mediaportal will not delete Recorded TV items that do not exist MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    Frans Nijhuis [further infos missing] Deleting all TV channels and all channel groups in "MP 2 TV configuration" fails 2.2 Archive 1
    H [fixed] Series programming/deleting 2.2 Archive 1
    H [Finished] [MP2-781] Delete a Folder in TV-Recordings Archive 7
    megahorst Unable to delete unseen recording while TV runs in the background 1.19 11
    coolblue [solved] How to delete Recording? General 16
    S Kommerzielle HTPC´s mit "selbst entwickelter Media center Distribution auf Basis von Media Portal" MediaPortal Café 9
    F Media Port 1.16 to 1.25 Installation, configuration support 1
    RoChess Weird GPU crash -- possible cause: resizing media MediaPortal 1 Talk 8
    J Navigating media drive General 4
    J Will Media Portal meet my requirements? General Support 4
    C Imported media doesn't show up immediately? General 1
    J Show media item location Feature Requests 4
    HTPCSourcer Media Accessor is flooding logs with files from attached monitor MediaPortal 2 9
    N [fixed] [MP2-822] Folder View is not displaying individual media share elements Submit: Bug Reports 4
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16