[solved] Delete Media Files via Context Menu (2 Viewers)

krebbi

Portal Member
November 7, 2013
Freiburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Would be great to be able to delete files via the info-menu.

krebbi

Portal Member
November 7, 2013
Freiburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
No delete option.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-24 um 12.06.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-24 um 12.06.10.png
    371.8 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No delete option.
    Then you haven't defined a user/password in the settings to your network shares. This can be your local user or admin account or a specially created user with limited rights, but sufficient privileges to do a R/W (and delete) access to the shares in question.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then you haven't defined a user/password in the settings to your network shares. This can be your local user or admin account or a specially created user with limited rights, but sufficient privileges to do a R/W (and delete) access to the shares in question.

I did that. Without I wouldnt be able to access the network share.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did that.
    Your problem can only occur if the credentials for the shares don't provide deletion privileges - or the client is not correctly connected. Sometimes the network re-initialization i not happening correctly after resume (very typical for Intel drivers).

Please describe your environment a little bit more.

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Its a synology NAS hosting all the media files.
    a special user only for this mediashare has been created with read/write on the media directories.
    these credentials are in use in mediaportal2.
    there is no user who has only read permission. read/write or nothing.
    when mp2 is able to read files with these credentials, it should be able to delete files as well.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    when mp2 is able to read files with these credentials, it should be able to delete files as well.
    Only if the shares are accessible in Windows network environment when drilling down from "Network". I assume that you defined your shares all down the way from within MP2's setup this way, correct? A "\\share..." that works in Explorer is not enough.

Anyway, please set the log level to DEBUG, restart the MP2 Server service and upload the server.log. What is the behavior for TV recordings? Do you see the delete option there?

krebbi

Portal Member
    November 7, 2013
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After rebooting ALL 5 media computers in the network I'm now able to delete files.
    I don't know how to reproduce the error. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread