Deleting Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
July 14, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi guys

I tried to delete some TV shows I didn't want and it keeps coming up with an error saying it can't delete!

I have tried restarting MP with no luck, any ideas?

Regards

Glen

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

your logs are full of this error:

TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Your TV database might be corrupted. Try to repair it (MySQL Repair) - you will find explanations in the Wiki - and test again.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi HTPC_Sourcer

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried it and I still can't delete my recordings:(

Regards

Glen

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Glen,

Please clear contents of log directories, start mepo from start menu using the debug entry, reproduce the issue, close mepo and upload the zip that is created on the desktop.

Remoteglen

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi HTPC_Sourcer

I restarted the computer and it seems to be all working fine!

Thank you for your help with this and saving my sanity:)

Regards

Glen

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know this is an old thread, but rather than start a new one...... I couldn't delete one of the files in recorded tv. The others haven't had any problems before or after. Since it wouldn't delete. I tried deleting directly from the folder location. The files/folder are gone, but the entry remains in Recordings within MP. I've tried to repair the sql database, but everything shows "ok". I've tried cleaning the cache/registry, rebooting etc. Here are the logs. Any ideas? I only have a few other recordings at the moment. I guess I could move them and start fresh, but I'd prefer not to have to completely re-do everything if possible. Thanks.

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks. It says it will delete your recordings from the hard drive. Does that mean all of them? Do I need to copy the ones I want to keep first and then do the cleanup? I appreciate the help, just don't want to lose the rest of my recordings.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As this is a question that has come up before, I've added some additional information to the wiki.
    You should select "yes" to delete recordings from the hard drive.
    After this you'll be asked which recordings you want to delete:
    • watched
    • invalid (ie. file no longer exists)
    • watched and invalid
    You should select the second option (invalid).

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    That did it. Thanks for the clarification for me and everyone on the wiki! I should have known that a clean up function would be more useful than just deleting everything, but it sounded like that's what it was going to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread