Did I break the TV Guide? (1 Viewer)

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have just upgraded to 1.1.0.0RC and the TV Guide is badly broken. Before I tried to fix it I thought Id better check if this is this a problem with the RC, or is it something I did?

Broken TV Guide.JPG

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would guess that much more info and pref. logs are needed.
    Btw, are you really using MP 1.1 RC? Why?

Last edited:

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    Btw, are you really using MP 1.1 RC? Why?

No, I'm really not. I'm using Maya HD 1.1.0.0RC - it was released yesterday. And all I want to know is if anyone else is seeing this issue. No one has posted anything about it, but then again, no one has posted anything at all.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ah... My bad..... Got confused with the naming...
    Just to make sure, what MP ver. are you running? There were some new EPG features with 1.3 A (colors and stuff) and it seems like the new maya is for 1.2, iow lacking the new functionality.

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    Seriously, I was just wondering :) .

I couldn't leave the system without a working EPG, so I had to revert to my previous skin (Maya HD beta) to get it back. Since it will be a little while before I can make another attempt, I thought I'd check to see if perhaps, somehow, this was an error that had got through, what with the skin still being in development and all. If it was then I could wait for fixed files, if not then I would know that I have to do a proper uninstall and cleanup before making a second attempt at installing the RC; check that everything was installed properly, maybe check the TV guide xml file, and generally furtle around before getting down to making a proper bug report with logs and everything.

Perhaps I should have explained this to begin with :D.

I'm guessing that, so far at any rate, I'm the only one seeing this.[DOUBLEPOST=1342458018][/DOUBLEPOST]@Spragleknas - I'm running 1.2.3 so it should be OK. Hopefully my previous post clarifies where I'm coming from on this.

Oh, and no, no error log at the moment.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah... My bad..... Got confused with the naming...
    Just to make sure, what MP ver. are you running? There were some new EPG features with 1.3 A (colors and stuff) and it seems like the new maya is for 1.2, iow lacking the new functionality.

Yes you are right!

@nfox: In your System Specs I see you are using MP 1.2.3 and I think this skin is designed for MP 1.3.0 Alpha. (needed change for MP 1.3.0 Alpha: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Changes/1.2.0_to_1.3.0/TV_Guide_Genre_Colors - it is not backwards compatible)

Last edited:

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    @nfox: In your System Specs I see you are using MP 1.2.3 and I think this skin is designed for MP 1.3.0 Alpha. (needed change for MP 1.3.0 Alpha: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Changes/1.2.0_to_1.3.0/TV_Guide_Genre_Colors - it is not backwards compatible)

You may be correct, but the title of the post which announced the new version is:
    MayaHD 1.1.0.0 RC ***15.07.2012*** for MP 1.2.x

So either the new TV Guide genre colours haven't been included, or the post title is wrong :confused: .

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

You may be correct, but the title of the post which announced the new version is:
    MayaHD 1.1.0.0 RC ***15.07.2012*** for MP 1.2.x

So either the new TV Guide genre colours haven't been included, or the post title is wrong :confused: .

I see.
    Could you attach the mytvguide.xml from this skin? + do you have any error.log?

nfox

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    I see.
    Could you attach the mytvguide.xml from this skin? + do you have any error.log?

Not at the moment - I rolled back my system to a pre-install state. I will be having another go at installing tomorrow, and will be checking everything much more carefully. If I run into the problem again I will do a proper bug report (logs and everything).

Users who are viewing this thread